• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band fills

cherry23

Hi everyone, well had my band fitted at Dolan park last friday , had it done with the why go abroad package where you get no aftercare,was just wondering if anyone can enlighten me on the best place to get my band fills done, Dont know how true it is but have heard that the hospital group will only fill 1 mil at a time, does anyone know if there is a waiting list for band fills with the hospital group and if so how long in advance do you have to book it.I have also heard that weight loss solutions on Harley street do band fills, has anyone on here had any experience with these. Thanks cherry:)

Livvy has her fills done somewhere on Harley street but they came as part of her package - not sure if the clinic does them independently but I am sure she will tell you. I have heard THG only do 1ml at a time after the first fill - for the first one they do more I think. x

hi cherry
i also had my op with WGA and i have got all my aftercare with WLSgroup they are fantastic and i am having my first fill 29th sept..
they do 2packages 1allinclusive package for a year unlimited fills £699 or pay as you go package for £85 each fill.. livvy is with them also and she loves them.
look at the website its wlsgroup.co.uk the packages are in detail on there. hope this post has helped
emma

Thanks for replying, i think im gonna investigate properly the hospital group and wls group Thanks for info cherry:)

Hello ! Yeah i'm with WLS group . I took out the whole package so op and 2 years afterare and unlimted fills and i just can't fault them. Fantastic ! got my second fill on Sunday ....can't wait !! Yipeee! so friendly, helpful and can call them 24/7 ....i go to support groups and speak to the dietician all the time ....100% great service :) ...they have become like my freinds xx

Yoohoo everyone, remember me?! Sorry I've not been around much lately - been a busy bee!

Cherry, I had my band with WGA and attempted my first fill at dolan park last week. THG don't do fills themselves - they outsource to Obesity Healthcare. They charge £125 per fill and for the first fill, they will do up to 5 ml total (including whatever your band was primed with during surgery).

My fill was a total nightmare. The woman was aggressive and rude, she had broken her wrist 2 days previously and was struggling to press hard on my tummy. The long and short of it was that she couldn't find my port and I left with a bleeding, sore stomach, 6 puncture sites, and no fill. Also no apology. My husband was ready to hit her!! Needless to say, I've cancelled my care with them and booked to meet the WLS people in Harley Street this Sunday. Hopefully they will find my port!

Hope that helps a bit...

Alice xx

oh wow! My appointment is at 11!

It will be great to meet you Livvy... I look forward to it! I'm really pleased to hear I'm seeing the group you've been using as it sounds like you've been getting really great support and advice.

See you Sunday!

Alice xx

sounds great. Will be on my own so a coffee sounds lovely... I'll wait for you after my appointment. Is there just one waiting area there? Will it be easy to find each other?!

Oh u'll find me !! Its a big old building but there is only one waiting area u'll meet Steve when u get there he's soooooooo lovely ! and then Wendy will do your fill ...she's fab too ! when i get there i'll tell steve i'm meeting u after so he'll make sure your ok. Can't wait to see u :) Don't worry about a thing....you've found the best care now ! There was a girl at the support group last week who had to have an xray to find her port but don't panic....its perfectly normal in some cases and Wendy ( the Bariatric Nurse) has so much experience . your not alone now :) see u sunday . mwaah xxxxx

hi alice
thats a very bad experience you must of felt awfull.
i had my op with WGA and didnt like their approach with aftercare so i have transfered all my aftercare with WLS..
let me know how your fill is in harley st.. you will be fine im sure and liv will be there 2.
emmax

band fill at Dolan Park and dreading it

Dear Alice
I was horrified to read about your terrible experience at Dolan Park with your "non band fill" episode. I have my appointment Friday (12th) and was looking forward to it. Now I am growing anxious. I hope that your fill today in London goes better and that they have no problems locating your port. Let us know how you get on, and how much they put in etc. Do you know what kind of band you have in? When you had your xray did the radiologist say that your port was tilted or anything? I bet it was sickening to go through all that trauma and not get a fill at the end of it. I am trying to convince my husband to come with me, as he would not let them stick me that many times, I would put up with it if I was on my own, and I hate needles at the best of times. Did they use any type of numbing injection or anything before putting the needle in to locate your port? Did you make a complaint about this? I can't believe that they would allow someone to work who has a plaster cast on, surely they should have had something else in place? I really hope everything goes well for you today, and in about 30 minutes or so, you will have had it done, hope you post later today and let us know how it went. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, and hope you will think about me on Friday between 3-4pm. Keep your fingers and everything else crossed for me!
MNL:cry:

Hiya lovebug
how are you doing? do you know how much they put in? are you on liquids for a couple of days now? From other threads that I have read, you don't really feel the restriction until you are off of the liquids and back on a solid diet. I think I was told two days of liquids and then mushy food for 1-2 days then back to normal food, is this what they told you today? I am glad that it went so well for Alice after the terrible experience that she had at Dolan Park. Take care and thanks for letting us know it went alright for the two of you. If my fill does not go well on Friday, I will be switching to wls also.
Regards
MNL

hi alice
glad all went well on 2nd fill..
did you know tha they had put in 3.5mls at op hun?
mine is empty
emma x

Fills at Birkdale Clinic in Rotherham

Hi all

The Birkdale Clinic offer fills at their hospital in Rotherham, even if you had surgery elsewhere:) and they do emergencies! The fills are clinical (not xray) and cost £125. The person to contact is Gavin Royle on 0500 442222. Easier than getting to London for us northies.

Bigloser xx

Back