• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally!!!!

tendersage

3 weeks on and 3 phone calls to the appointments dept in homerton and finally i have one set up. It seems i was taken off the system as they were STILL waiting for dates, so if i had not called then what? srat all over again allow the surgery to lose my details all over again?

Sheesh howebver its ALL made up for as the appointment is not a long way off, in fact its MONDAY!!! now the interesting part is how i am going to survive 2 hours of travel to the other side of london on public transport to arrive for 17:20!!! and then travel back. I do know the appointment is with Mr Mannur but nothing else and somehow i bet i do not get any information beforehand as it was fitted in at the last minute

Goodness me sounds exhausting and thats just the phone calls! Hope you have better luck with the transport. Whats the appointment for?

At least it's not for 9 in the morning! With any luck you'll miss most of the rush hour, How come you're at the Homerton if you live on the other side?

I had my gastric Bypass under Mr Mannur privately, and developed complications with my gallbladder, which needs removing. The local hospital are willing to do it, open surgery. mr Mannur will do it via keyhole, so it was a choice between an excellent surgeon with 2 weeks off or open surgery with a surgeon i do not really know... easy choice really

arrgghhhhh public transport at rush hr i couldent cope .. thankfully i lock my self in my car and hit the roads i dont care if it takes me 3 hrs lol at least im in my own world in the car ..

but fab that u have it all sorted out bloody hospitals .

good luck for monday hun xxx

thanks brett will need it am not looking forward to travelling all the way over there, was bad enough when i lived in finsbury park - survived a whole year there LMAO what a place.

I am considering leaving really early and holing up for a while before the appointment, maybe getting a coffee ect, perhaps some minimins could get together for a coffee/drink ect

thats what i did for a few of my appointments just sat and had some lunch in the cafe's there at the hospital before my appointment.

not sure on my plans for mon but will let u know if i can make it .. i pass by there all the time to go to my hospital in islington ..

:) excellent would be good to meet you. Have only been there twice before but am sure there is somewhere for coffee ect

D good luck chucks, I hope you get the information that you want and an operation date soon. x

Thanks everyone

Gaynor i have been extremely busy, not easy to co-ordinate getting on here when i have no idea what i am doing a few hours down the line. LOL have also taken to popping on for a very brief look while at work!!

Allie i to hope i get an early operation date, its only 24 hours in hospital from what i can seee, however thats for non WLS patients might be different who knows what goes through their minds when they set out surgery

Hiya... I have had my Gall Bladder removed via keyhole surgery and i was only in hospital overnight, i went down for my surgery at 1.30pm and was back in the ward at 4pm, its not a long process at all, i am just a difficult person to bring round out of aneasthetic, i love my sleep lol. When i had the operation the only thing i experienced was gas trapped between my shoulder blades which was a bit uncomfortable, and my stomach had felt like i had done quite a few sit ups, which is nothing considering the pain i was getting with my gall bladder in. I hope your appointment goes well for you and that you have a stress free time travelling to your appointment, leaving early and having a coffee beforehand sounds a good idea, all the best X

Thanks claire, agreed it cannot be as bad as the pain from a gallbladder infection, and they things you have mentioned are all things i coped with after the RNY so i will be ok, just need to get back on my feet again afterwards and move around, which of course should be easier with the reduction in weight that has occurred :)

right time to dress and then get breakfast as the pepermint tea will have passed through by then

Back