• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First 5 days of milk diet

yankeegirl

All I can say is I am so glad I like milk and Jelly!!! I have my pre op this monday (22/07) and in the last five days I have managed to loose 7lbs with this milk diet. My op is not till 1st August, so hoping to loose a bit more by then. Just wanted to drop a quick line, if anyone is nervous about this milk diet...don't be...I can honestly say I have not felt hungry, I have had no headaches, I have felt a bit tired from time to time, but I think that is the heat too!!! I am so glad I have done this and now instead of being nervous about my op...I CAN'T WAIT!!!!:p

Yay, keep that attitude up and you will SAIL through this xx

Thanks a million for the post! I have to start the milk diet on 8th August for 2 weeks. Good to hear its not too bad x

glad it's gone ok - people often find its around day 3 going into day 4 that's the hardest, and beyond that it does get easier.

Well done, and good luck for your op. I think if you like the diet you are being put on, it's definitely a bonus. I tried the milk and yoghurt diet but couldn't stand it so switched to slim-fast and found it much easier.

I am on day 10 of the milk diet and my op is on 30th July today I just feel starving and just wish I could chew something lol xxx
Good luck with your op xx

Thanks yankeegirl I start mine on Thursday. All I know at the moment is that's its a liquid diet so I am assuming this to be the milk version. I will find out for sure on Wednesday when I see the dietician. Op is the 15th August & at the moment the pre op is freaking me out more than the bypass itself :eek:. Your post has has put my mind at rest a little ... Thanks xx

Oh and all the best of luck for your op hun xx

Femfrankie, I know what you mean, I was more nervous about the pre-op diet then about the bypass as well. But you can do it. It's not for long. X

Hey Femfrankie and all you guys!!! Well my sleeve is now only two days away!!! I have lost a stone in total (slowed down a bit now!) I was nervous about doing this 'diet', but I can honestly say I have never felt hungry (although the other day I did have a strange craving for some bbq ribs!! But it soon passed!!) It is getting easier, and I think it is good preparation for post op, as all you can have are liquids...I am glad I did it as I think it will make my life post op easier too!!! I will keep you all posted...so excited now I can barely type!!! Might not be back until the weekend...and by then I will be a SLEEVIE!!! All the best with your ops guys...and keep us posted, this is so great for support and help and ideas, it has helped me so much. See you all at the start of my new life!!!!

Good luck xx

Good luck ... and well done you. I suppose being a food addict I seem to be more worried about eth 14 days with out food then the op itself. I had a practise run and did the soup and yogs for a day that was ok.. I tried the milk diet one day and got to 11am on Day 1 and gave up, so I am really in awe of you.. hopefully when I come to do the real thing I will have a bit more will power..

Back