• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cobham clinic @luton and Dunstable hospital

Reenary

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and have my sleeve booked on the 30th August privately at the cobham clinic. I'm currently on holiday all inclusive eating as if I'm never going to eat again! I have 3 days when I get home and then have to start my pre op diet of milk for 2 weeks. Im dreading it!

How did you find cobham/l&d?

Have you got any tips for me? Not only for the milk diet, but for after too.

I'm starting to get nervous, but know this is what I need to do for my own health.
Any advice/tips/experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
X

You was the same as me, i was on holiday and the day I got back I went on pre op diet lol..lets just say, i didnt hold back on holiday but think that was a good thing - got the binge out my system lol.

Just remember the pre op isnt optional its manditory and for the op to be safe - u have to do it. It is hard but just drink ALOT of liquid!!!

You will feel hunger but just remember, only for 2 weeks - after surgery ur hunger will go and u feel start feeling amazing.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing ur progress.

Ps..when i was on holiday, i was having dreams about the surgery haaha so it was on my mind alot too - its natural

Xxxxx

You was the same as me, i was on holiday and the day I got back I went on pre op diet lol..lets just say, i didnt hold back on holiday but think that was a good thing - got the binge out my system lol.

Just remember the pre op isnt optional its manditory and for the op to be safe - u have to do it. It is hard but just drink ALOT of liquid!!!

You will feel hunger but just remember, only for 2 weeks - after surgery ur hunger will go and u feel start feeling amazing.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing ur progress.

Ps..when i was on holiday, i was having dreams about the surgery haaha so it was on my mind alot too - its natural

Xxxxx
Thank you for replying. How long ago did you have yours?
Can I ask on the milk diet should I take something like lactulose(is that what it's called?!) to make sure I don't get blocked up? I know they recommended it after but I'm not sure for the milk diet!
Glad all is going well for you! Xx

I had mine 3 weeks ago, 18/07 but had a band not sleeve.

I cant see it doing you any harm but maybe stay away from it a good few days before surgery.

Hope ur having a lovely holiday, do u have much to loae?

Xxxx

Hello and welcome! The LRD is tough and I thought I wouldn't be able to do it but you will because it is for your safety in surgery!

I printed pictures of me that I hated how I looked in them and I put them up in the kitchen/ on the fridge. When I was wavering they kept me on track. I also wrote an honest list of everything I hated about being that size and another list of hopes/aims/targets and again I kept reading them when I felt I was struggling.

Most importantly I posted on here and the help and support for me through it - write a diary and post in it - it really will help. Things do improve usually after the first 4 days. Be strong and focus on why you are doing it.

Re. The lactulose I would check with your team - some people dump on it so I assume it might have sugar in it? You might not need anything, not everyone does.

Good luck!

Ps. Turn your phone landscape and you will see people's details on the left and signatures - it really helps if you fill your details in as people can tailor posts to your surgery type/ how far you are in your journey

Hello and welcome! The LRD is tough and I thought I wouldn't be able to do it but you will because it is for your safety in surgery!

I printed pictures of me that I hated how I looked in them and I put them up in the kitchen/ on the fridge. When I was wavering they kept me on track. I also wrote an honest list of everything I hated about being that size and another list of hopes/aims/targets and again I kept reading them when I felt I was struggling.

Most importantly I posted on here and the help and support for me through it - write a diary and post in it - it really will help. Things do improve usually after the first 4 days. Be strong and focus on why you are doing it.

Re. The lactulose I would check with your team - some people dump on it so I assume it might have sugar in it? You might not need anything, not everyone does.

Good luck!

Ps. Turn your phone landscape and you will see people's details on the left and signatures - it really helps if you fill your details in as people can tailor posts to your surgery type/ how far you are in your journey
Oh thank you for all of that. I've only just found this site on holiday and haven't had a chance to explore properly so these tips are great.
That's a good idea to put pictures up and make a list. I think I will do that. Anything to help!!

Good luck!

Oh thank you for all of that. I've only just found this site on holiday and haven't had a chance to explore properly so these tips are great.
That's a good idea to put pictures up and make a list. I think I will do that. Anything to help!!
I had mine 3 weeks ago, 18/07 but had a band not sleeve.

I cant see it doing you any harm but maybe stay away from it a good few days before surgery.

Hope ur having a lovely holiday, do u have much to loae?

Xxxx
Do you mean overall or on the diet? Overall about 4 stone! They haven't given me an amount or anything. Is that because it's private? They haven't really said anything! I will ring them about the lactulose. Thank you for your help. Oh and I think I will have problems as whenever I cut out carbs and diet at 'healthy' I do!! Xx

Do you mean overall or on the diet? Overall about 4 stone! They haven't given me an amount or anything. Is that because it's private? They haven't really said anything! I will ring them about the lactulose. Thank you for your help. Oh and I think I will have problems as whenever I cut out carbs and diet at 'healthy' I do!! Xx

Overall, 4 stone - thats not much at all, u will get there quick! I had 8st1lb to lose lol..5st 11lbs to go lol!! Do you mean they havent given u an ideal weight amount? They didnt with me, i too was private - everyone is so different with weight loss so think they try and avoid giving u an expected amount to lose - as everyone is dif xxx

Yeh defo check with them - what provider u with hun? I went with healthier weight and their communication isnt very good at all! Xxx

I've lost nearly 2 stone, but it took me a year and with this holiday it'll probably be back doen again. I need something longer term and consistent. I really think this is it(I hope anyway).

You've done so well already, what you've got left will happen and that's the amazing thing no matter how long it will happen. Just need to say focussed.

I'm with cobham clinic directly, it's part of Luton and Dunstable hospital. I had one consultation with the consultant and then 3 appointments in one evening(dietian, psychiatrist and another consultant) and now booked in. It was very quick and could've been quicker but I struggled getting a date to work!!

I'm loving this site, it's so helpful!!

Good luck!! Xx

Yeh well u will lose ur holiday weight quick hun, just enjoy it!!

Thank you, getting there - excited for next few months!!

Thats exactly why i had my surgery, i can lose weigh but cant keep it off and i am drained of trying or starving myself!

It is a very addictive site lol, i have been on it every day since i joined lol!!

You will defo get some amazing support on here, or find answers very quickly to any questions u have xxx cant imagine going through surgery without this support forum

Xxx

Back