• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First appointment

rachlou85

Hi all finally after 17 weeks off waiting I had my letter for my first appointment at the hospital after my gp referred me and I was just wondering what will happen at this first appointment any advice would be great :) thanx

be open and honest, listen to what they say and don't worry too much if you can't think of questions that come to you later (you will get lots of chances to ask) ... good luck and let us know how you get on xxx

Hi I got my referral after a week of seeing my Gp ..im going to the seminar on the 24 sept at Darlington hosp in Co Durham excited but nervous at the same time. ...good luck

Hi your refferal was quick I waited 17 weeks for mine but got my appointment on 23 rd of this month Good luck to you aswell :)

I think it depends what hospital your with as to what they do they are all different but don't worry everyone is always lovely

Got my first appointment for 14th October. I would be interested to know how you get on. Also on the questionaire you fill out. Is there any right or wrong answers?

I'm still unsure if this means funding has been accepted?

GL

Hi G'G

I had my first appointment today and saw the doctor nurse surgeon and dietitian and also had bloods taken everyone was so lovely and very helpful you get lots of times to ask questions or if you do not understand anything . As for the questionair I have not got one but got to go for a group session in sept so maybe I will have it then as for the funding I am not sure if it will mean you have got it think it might be different with each hospital I am with wasall manor hospital but you could always phone and ask them or ask when you get there :)

Back