• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fish and chips

clar01

Ok shoot me down

But if the hubby got fish and chips from the chippy would it be so bad if I had some of the fish flesh (no batter) mashed up with some mushy peas?

As long as the fish is cooked at a high enough temperature, the fish under the batter shouldn't absorb too much fat and should be a healthy source of protein. Not sure about mushy peas, not really a scottish thing. In general, leguminous vegetables are a good source of protein.

Sounds good to me. Can't remember how far out you are but make sure you mash it very well if you're on puree or soft because funnily enough fish can sometimes be had to digest though cod was always ok with me.

Kate x

Sounds fine to me, I always have a bit of cod and a couple of chips. Not sure about mushy peas though, only because they are vile. Enjoy x]

Had them! Well weirdly didnt fancy a chip, so had a small piece of fish with lots of mushy peas mashed through!! Couldn't eat a lot but it was yum and high in protein!

Back