• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fizzy juice and dumplings syndrome?

bypass2012

I've just just hear about both of these? Am I ever allowed fizzy juice again? And still unsure what dumplings syndrome actually is or how it happens?

Dumpling syndrome is what we have before surgery. After surgery it is dumping..... lol.
If you search dumping on here you will get all the answers. It is a very unpleasant effect and best avoided so you will benefit by doing a search.
Lynne x

There is loads of info on here. And so many knowledgeable people. Good luck in the future.
Lynne x

post op.. Fizzy can stretch your pouch and fill you up... so you wont want to eat which means you could go into malnutritian... but there is many reasons why you cant have fizzy.
Dumping is where your body cannot cope with high volumes of fat and sugar.
Best as suggested to look this information up as there is a lot you should know xxx

Not everyone dumps!Only about 50% ever do,and its blumming horrible when it does happen.

Agreed......... I dumped on monday, the first time for a lot of months (i'm nearly a year post op).
I had a tiny bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, about a palmful, and they were too sweet for me. My intestines and bowel have been sore since I ate them.
It will recover and I will be back to normal. The thing is that it has also made me lose my appetite again and I have only just got it back.
No complaints here though. I'm more than happy with my bypass.
I feel like a 'normal' person!
Lynne x

Back