• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to order at the bar ?

Hi, I am five and a bit weeks post bypass op and went to the pub for the first time last night !! My problem was what to have ?

Can't have anything fizzy, can't have undiluted pure fruit juice, can't have J2O or similar because of sugar etc.

What do the rest of you have ? I am not bothered about alcohol really at all but found it really boring just drinking still mineral water !!

Any thoughts/ideas ?

Try adding a little lime juice and half a teaspoon of angostura bitters. This is better with tonic water but you could leave it until the bubbles have gone or swizzle it. It tastes quite grown up.

I'm 12wks post op bypass and I dump almost on command but I have no problem with diluted down j2o. It contains less sugar than most fruit juices ;)

Virgin Mary's. Nice and spicy and low sugar. Love em!!! Looking to graduating to Bloody Mary one day soon!!!

I dilute the j20 as well.

Hi..

For me it's vodka with cranberry/orange juice.
On saying this I was scared to drink for a good while after my bypass.

Hi Emma-Louise

Vodka and cranberry used to be my favourite tipple - reassuring to know it doesn't cause you any problem.

When I feel brave enough I will give it a try !

Thanks x

I have the J20s too, lots of ice - surprising low on sugar. Also tea and coffee if im chilli. But now I'm many months post op I do have half an ale or cider (the real stuff has no fizz).

I like a watered down pineapple juice.

When I'm on holiday I'm going to try a watered down Malibu and pineapple. That's 5 months off though

Watered down cranberry juice with lime is nice :)

I had vodka and water the other night... I kept adding water to it so it lasted forever but it didn't upset my stomach.

Back