• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Flooding

Lincs Lass

I just wanted to say I hope everyone is ok today.

My town is currently under water. Friends have been evacuated. We are fine where we are - about half a mile from the closest water - but the pictures are awful.

I do voluntary work with the homeless and I'm really worried about my friends.

It sounds like my son's school is flooded so we are going to head there in the morning to volunteer to help, and if that is not needed we'll head in to the man part of town and volunteer there.

My son's show was cancelled tonight and we thought they were overreacting, but by the time the show was due to start the water was over the banks.

I don't think, bar the death of friends and relatives, I've ever felt so sad. And we've only been here just over two years.

I think it's because I'm feeling like this it is making me wonder how any of you have been affected and hope you are all safe xx

Im so sorry for all the problems you have I hope all will be Ok :/

Thankfully my home is impossible to flood unless sea level rises (and since I'm on the second floor it would have to rise A LOT!).
I live very close to new Brighton, which has been hit hard. Over the last couple of years there has been a huge effort to regenerate the town (it's a very deprived area and has been for many years) and it's heartbreaking to see the damage. The chains will recover, but the little independents may not.

I hope everyone stays safe and finds shelter x

Thankfully my home is impossible to flood unless sea level rises (and since I'm on the second floor it would have to rise A LOT!).
I live very close to new Brighton, which has been hit hard. Over the last couple of years there has been a huge effort to regenerate the town (it's a very deprived area and has been for many years) and it's heartbreaking to see the damage. The chains will recover, but the little independents may not.

I hope everyone stays safe and finds shelter x

I saw the photos of New Brighton - the bus plowing through the water and the people carrying the kids out of the water.

I've finally realise that I may bemoan my lot on life but it coulde be worse!!

Back