• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Flooded

BeaBea

Last January my dear sweet father in law died after suffering with his first illness ever for over a year, he was 82.

His home is a short distance from us and therefore hubby has been able to keep a close eye on it. It's been kept lovely and toasty warm and last week someone put an offer in on it, so we were pleased about that.

Tonight hubby went to check as usual and the place is absolutely flooded, saturated, wringing in water, carpets, walls ... phew.

I drove up there to take buckets etc., but with obviously no lights or heating it became perishing and I had to leave him and come home. Soon hubbys brother will arive, but it won't be until the light of day tomorrow that we'll be able to see just what damage is done. I feel so sad and gutted as my father in law looked after his home so well and for hubby too who cared for it too.

Oh I'm so sorry Beth... is it a burst from the loft?

I do hope the insurance will help, what a terrible shame and in this cold weather with an offer pending...

Keep us posted Beth... what a day!

Love and hugs xxx

Sorry to hear your news Hun,these things are sent to try us.Im sure your father in law would tell you not to worry and things can be put right.Maz x

Aw thats horrible....this happened in my Dads house once when he was on holiday! It was hot water from the loft too and it made all his wooden furniture peel and go all funny! The wallpaper peeled from the walls etc and we had to try and sort it out before he got home. I hope you manage to get it sorted out soon hun XX

It's seeming like a burst pipe... they cause such a lot of damage until the water's turned off... my hubby just caught our neighbour's holiday bungalow over here as a burst started and no damage was done but he saw water running down the bathroom window when he was checking around so he managed to get the plumber and our friends and neighbours were so lucky if it had been overnight the ceiling would have been saturated etc etc and it beggars belief the damage water can do.

So glad you have insurance love and hope it won't give you too much stress to sort it out... and hoping the potential buyer may work with you...

Love and hugs Beth xxx

Hope the situation is improving Beth...
Love and hugs xxx

Hi Bev, thank you, Tony and his brother were there until midnight last night. Pipes in the loft had split and they managed to replace them all. Had to throw all the carpets out and eventually managed to get the heating and lighting back on as they had been working with torches.

Today my Mum and step Dad came over and he went up with Tony and lagged the new pipes. We are now waiting for the insurance to ring and tell us when they are coming out. So things are much improved thank goodness. Thanks again xxx

omg Beth , this cold weather hit the pipes so badly and brusts them so easy i remember when i was younger we had brust pipes nearly ever winter because they were old and cold and easy effected.

glad things are looking up though.

They did very well Beth... and I hope all works out from here on.

Love and hugs xxx

Happy to hear you have pretty much sorted out the house, such a shame about all the carpets but maybe the insurance will cover that......I hope so (HUGS) XX

sorry to hear about the damage thats been done. Hope you will be able to get it sorted x

Back