• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fluid intake and weight loss

Vegas

Pinion please. Does anyone have experience of drinking more fluids correlating with increased weight loss. And if this is true does anyone know the science behind it? Just wondering if my low fluid intake could be contributing to my slow weight loss. I'm a bit lazy when it comes to fluids.

Hi Vegas,

I am also a bit bad for not getting 2lts a day, I would get half this I think but try to increase it by having ice lollies.

I'm thinking that the current heat wave has caused a weight loss stall right now for me as I'm retaining water :( at least that's what I hope it is!!x

Hi banana do you make your own lollies? I managed 1.5 litres yesterday and aiming for the same today. But it's hard and sooooo boring!

No Vegas, just sainsburys ones :(

Are you stalling too? I haven't moved very much for about a week now. Need to stop daily weighing!!!xx

No Vegas, just sainsburys ones :(

Are you stalling too? I haven't moved very much for about a week now. Need to stop daily weighing!!!xx

I've stalled this week - totally blame the heat wave!

I also find when I'm really good with fluids I lose weight (even before op).

xx

IM trying with the fluids to see if it helps, too scared to start with 'normal' ice lollies tho as I'm trying to keep my sweet tooth starved till it dies! Might try some nas home made ones tho

I'm 11 weeks post op and the formula that works for me is protein, liquid, sleep, exercise. I find when I have more liquids I seem to drop quicker, not sure why it's like my body is flushing all the gunk out, not very scientific sorry. Have you googled it?

Hi
I'm 3months post op. I find increased fluids helps to keep my bowel movement regular, which in return helps my weight loss.

If i make the effort to get the liquids in, i find it does help. No idea behind the science but I've read that the weight comes off when you do #1's more than #2's (soz to be crude!) so mayb that's why?????

I'm 11 weeks post op and the formula that works for me is protein, liquid, sleep, exercise. I find when I have more liquids I seem to drop quicker, not sure why it's like my body is flushing all the gunk out, not very scientific sorry. Have you googled it?

So ok I googled it .... And basically it boost metabolic rate and body doesn't have to retain water so win win, plus the whole digestion and kidney thing all helps. So more fluids .. Hmmm

If you are dehydrated the body's survival instinct cuts in and retains fluid which then causes weight gain and bloating ;) Avoid caffeine based or other diuretic effect drinks as this can cause even more dehydration. You also need to up the intake of fluid because as our liver metabolises the excess fats off it produces toxins which the kidneys need to filter out and if your system is not well hydrated then there is nowhere for it to go if you get my drift and this can cause you to stall if not gain... So get drinking ladies & gentlemen :D x

Fantastic advice Frankie - thank you!

I felt v bloated yday and was full of gas, sorry if TMI but I'd never had gas like it! :p x

I could burp and f**t for Great Britain any day banana ..it's a right pain even my family are disgusted by me hehehe

HA HA! Me too Frankie! Well, the farts not the burps! My boyfriend is revolted, they're so noisy and un lady like!

I've yet to trump beside the OH, I just can't bring myself to do it haha - I wish I had the balls to let one rip but I think he would either die with shock or laughter if I did!x

I'm letting rip for England today! Can't seem to burp much though.

Back