• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss surgery Hampshire

Starlit_Cazza

Testing the water...
Hi there

Just wondering if anyone here has had Weight Loss Surgery on the NHS who lives in Hampshire and comes under Hampshire PCT/Hampshire Community Health Care (as its now called). If so how easy was it to do it and what was your BMI/health conditions/age etc.

Please help...

wls

hi im from portsmouth i tried to go down the nhs route with no avail! i was 21 and a half stone a bmi of nearly 48 i think my only co morbiblity was asthma and that wasnt enough! the doctor said he had no problem reffering me but did say basically i had a cats in hell chance of getting the surgery paied for as another patient very similar stats to me and had diabetes and joing problems was turned down! so i decided to fund privately as to be honest i got the band fitted prob within two months of my first visit to my gp! so if i was you still try you have nothing to loose you may save yourself a few thousand pounds!

Yep - it says BMI of 60 or 45 with comorbidities. My BMI is around 50.

I cant afford to self fund - its just not an option short of a lottery win...

Do you have any co-morbidities??

Asthmatic, ongoing back problems, and I have been off work for the last 3 months due to ongoing non-stop health issues (hospitalised with tonsillitis, back pain, girl problems, injured arm, UTI, Swine flu etc etc). Every time I go to the docs I get told helpfully I need to lose weight but they wont do anything to help.

Hiya I'm under hampshire pct and never even attempted the nhs route unless you have any of the co-morbidities such as sleep apnea diabetes 2 etc they just won't help! postcode lottery sucks i just don't see how they can have different criterias for different areas and yet under the same nhs it just doesn't make sence!

Clare x

Back