• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

some questions

mandyl

hi a few questions if anyone can help.
1. after my bad experience in bathroom last night i feel kinda odd shakey nauseous and tum hurts a bit. is this normal and will i feel better soon?
2. is milk a fluid? sounds stupid but trying to up fluids so was wondering
3. does anyone know any foods etc i should avoid dont want this again.
spoke to nurse and dietician at hospital they said up fluids and im to get some milpar to help me.
4. has anyone heard of milpar dont want it to give me cramps cos i cant cope with that:cry::cry:
5. last one lol got some benefiber is that ok to take?
thanks everyone ur my true friends and support xx

hi a few questions if anyone can help.
1. after my bad experience in bathroom last night i feel kinda odd shakey nauseous and tum hurts a bit. is this normal and will i feel better soon?

Yes when you are constipated nausea & tummy ache are to be expected. Once you are going to the loo again you should feel much better.

2. is milk a fluid? sounds stupid but trying to up fluids so was wondering

Yes milk is a fluid, so you can count it towards your daily minimum. However at least 50% of you fluids per day should be have no/very low calories such as sugar-free flavoured water or plain water or fruit tea.

3. does anyone know any foods etc i should avoid dont want this again.

You can't really avoid any foods except controlling your caffeine intake, but make sure you have more fiber & fluids.

spoke to nurse and dietician at hospital they said up fluids and im to get some milpar to help me.

4. has anyone heard of milpar dont want it to give me cramps cos i cant cope with that:cry::cry:

Not heard of it myself but here are two links, says it is a mild laxative but as with any laxitive you can get some cramping, it will go quickly as soon as you are more 'regular' again.

Mil-Par 200ml - ExpressChemist.co.uk - Buy Online
Magnesium & Liquid Paraffin | Medicine | Patient UK

5. last one lol got some benefiber is that ok to take?

I have been using benefiber since the first week post-op, I think it is brilliant.

Hope that helps you!
Nic

hi nic fantastic thankyou. xx
im having nas squash, milk, peppermint tea, half orange juice half water. x

hi again mandy i had milpar when i came out of hospital. It worked really well i had no cramps. You cant get it on prescription but you should be able to get it at most chemists :sign0131:
Good luck;)

thanks julie fantastic. picking it up from chemist tomorrow. xxx

Back