• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food in evening doesnt work?!?!?

everpositive

Hello everyone on this another freezing February evening!!

I posted yesterday about difficulty handling my evening offering of food. Phatgirl made an interesting point that she, and possibly others have found that the evening meal just sometimes wont go into the resistant little pouch. I have now had three nights on the run where I've had different things or should I say I've made different things and literally after trying 2 mouthfuls got a red card off the pouch, with added punishment of prolonged bloatedness and discomfort. Last night I put it down to it being an egg based dish but tonight it was cod in butter sauce with five mushed sprouts. Major block. Bit p*ssed off to be honest. Anyone else been through this at any stage. Might be worth mentioning that I'm 5 wks post op tomorrow but I am worried that is it for me now!!!! :cry:

Hi are you blending it Im 6 weeks and still on blended but I aint been to adventures Gonna try fish in butter sauce tomorrow but not blended just gonna chew it a lot

... Anyone else been through this at any stage. Might be worth mentioning that I'm 5 wks post op tomorrow but I am worried that is it for me now!!!! :cry:

I was exactly the same in the very early days - I am now over 5 months 'out'.

All I can say is take one day at a time, what does/doesn't work day will/won't the next &, it DOES get easier!!

The first 3 to 4 months really are the worst I have found & now things are getting soooo much easier, although the docs still say I am in early days!

Also, bear in mind, everyone is different!

teen like me claire is on soft foods which means things that can be eaten with just a fork, soft fish is fine.

claire what was the butter content in the sauce? i do find it harder to eat my evening meal but thats purely because i am not hungery, and for the life of me cannot get my head around the fact i have to eat regardless of not feeling hungry.

are you spacing your meals out correctly? ie leaving around 4-5 hours between each one? i know if i have a late breakfast the temptation is to catch up with a more normal time lunch and then i find it difficult to eat again.

i had keyhole :) i think claire did as well but she will need to confirm it

I find that for my evening meal, I tend to eat it ok, nice and slow and eat a decent amount (tiny compared to what I used to have but feels like more than others on here can manage) but then a few minutes after i've eaten I feel massively full and bloated.

I can't see how I can be eating too fast cos its cold by time i'm finishing and there's not much there. I think I'm gonna have to learn to stop before getting any signs telling me to!!

Back