• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A very uplifting day, if I do say so myself !!

Bonita, that's just brilliant! I bet the taxi driver DOESN'T say that to all his passengers! The corset....the small dressing gown.....the chat-up....wow Bonita, what next?! xx

That is a fantastic boost for you. I bet he doesn't say it to all his passengers because otherwise he would have one damaged car, he couldn't be as lucky not to have a truck hit the boot every time. lol
So glad you feel you have turned a corner. Take care.

wow bonita what a lovely thing to have sed to you and how nice is your hubby wanting to marry you again ahhhhhhhhh hes so sweet you go girl theres no stopping you now eh well done on ya loss hun you deserve it hugs lin.x

Hi Bonita, I've just read this thread from the beginning and am shocked at all that you have been through. Well done for keeping so positive and congratulations on your fantastic weightloss so far! :hug99:

Best of luck with your app on the 9th, Cuppacocoa xx

Thank you Cuppa :D.

Had a lovely day today. Met my sister and my niece in Birmingham for the day. My niece had her bypass the week after mine and although we have kept in touch via the net and phone, its the first time I've actually seen her since before the op.

I couldn't believe the difference in her in such a short space of time. her skin is so much clearer and she's walking very differently, a lot more upright with her head held up and of course is a hell of a lot smaller.

I was so worried about her having this op because she is in her early 20's, but has suffered so much abuse over the years because of her weight. I just wasn't sure she would cope especially as she had no funding in place for any aftercare or dietary care, but she is doing just great.

We had a lovely moment today that I'm sure she won't mind me sharing with you. My sister asked me if I would take my niece for a bra fitting as she was embarrassed and she thought if I went too she would be ok, so off to Debenhams we went, laughing as we bared our battle scars for the lady that was doing the measuring.

'How big do you think you are,' the girl asked her? 'Oh about a 50HH' I should think she replied, removing what has to be the biggest bra I have ever seen, I'm not kidding, I could have stretched the thing from one end of the shop to the other easily, bless her. If only you could have seen her face when the woman announced that she was actually a very respectable 42F, it was a priceless moment.

'Ten inches I've lost auntie Bonny' she kept whispering shaking her head, with tears streaming down her face. I was so chuffed for her, but not as chuffed as she was when she realised for the first time in her adult life she could go in lots and lots of underwear shops and buy bra's off the peg. I can tell you she went home with a fair few bra's today, my feet are as sore as hell, and we almost had to sit on her when she discovered the ladies boxer shorts would fit her too, Ha Ha.

Had a lovely day today. Met my sister and my niece in Birmingham for the day. My niece had her bypass the week after mine and although we have kept in touch via the net and phone, its the first time I've actually seen her since before the op.

I couldn't believe the difference in her in such a short space of time. her skin is so much clearer and she's walking very differently, a lot more upright with her head held up and of course is a hell of a lot smaller.

I was so worried about her having this op because she is in her early 20's, but has suffered so much abuse over the years because of her weight. I just wasn't sure she would cope especially as she had no funding in place for any aftercare or dietary care, but she is doing just great.

We had a lovely moment today that I'm sure she won't mind me sharing with you. My sister asked me if I would take my niece for a bra fitting as she was embarrassed and she thought if I went too she would be ok, so off to Debenhams we went, laughing as we bared our battle scars for the lady that was doing the measuring.

'How big do you think you are,' the girl asked her? 'Oh about a 50HH' I should think she replied, removing what has to be the biggest bra I have ever seen, I'm not kidding, I could have stretched the thing from one end of the shop to the other easily, bless her. If only you could have seen her face when the woman announced that she was actually a very respectable 42F, it was a priceless moment.

'Ten inches I've lost auntie Bonny' she kept whispering shaking her head, with tears streaming down her face. I was so chuffed for her, but not as chuffed as she was when she realised for the first time in her adult life she could go in lots and lots of underwear shops and buy bra's off the peg. I can tell you she went home with a fair few bra's today, my feet are as sore as hell, and we almost had to sit on her when she discovered the ladies boxer shorts would fit her too, Ha Ha.

Glad you had a nice day today Bonita...it really shows that you certainly are on the mend.

What a lovely moment for your niece...She should be really proud of herself...I so glad that she seems to be turning a corner in her life...(I know you have mentioned her before)...At such a young age, she really has her whole life ahead of her and the world is her oyster.

(((hugs)))

Bonita

That is a lovely post. Warms the heart, it really does.

All the very best to you and your niece

Xx

That is a lovely story.....
I actually felt a bit emotional reading it, imagining how happy she would of felt. :cry:
Thats just the tip of the iceberg for her.

Take Care. x

What a lovely story. She must be so pleased, bras are one of my problems. You can get loads of bras that are either big around the body or big cups but not that easy to get a combination of the 2. Can't wait to be able to go in La Senza or somewhere like that and buy pretty matching sets in loads of different styles. I am sure I will need a set for everyday of the month or at least that is what I will tell myself if and when the time comes. lol

thanks for sharing that story with us Bonita it warmed my heart to imagine how your dear niece must have felt she should be very proud of herself, and also very lucky to have an aunt like you to support her

Jay xx

Glad you had a nice day today Bonita...it really shows that you certainly are on the mend.

What a lovely moment for your niece...She should be really proud of herself...I so glad that she seems to be turning a corner in her life...(I know you have mentioned her before)...At such a young age, she really has her whole life ahead of her and the world is her oyster.

(((hugs)))

Thats what I told her. Its handbags and boys next..lol

What a lovely story. She must be so pleased, bras are one of my problems. You can get loads of bras that are either big around the body or big cups but not that easy to get a combination of the 2. Can't wait to be able to go in La Senza or somewhere like that and buy pretty matching sets in loads of different styles. I am sure I will need a set for everyday of the month or at least that is what I will tell myself if and when the time comes. lol

La Senza have some nice stuff in the sale at the the moment, was tempted to buy some myself but its a bit daft at the moment because a month from now they won't fit anymore.

My neice Racheal has been complaining about a lot of back pain which seems to be across her lower shoulders too and I'm convinced it was down to badly fitted bra's.

Like you I can't wait to get to target weight and maintain so that I can fill my wardrobe with pretty underwear.

Went to the clinic today about this damn hernia. The clinic was chaos and running well over two hours late.

I'm so pleased I got to meet the lovely Red, she was my inspiration when I started this journey so that was nice and a couple of other ladies that had lost masses amounts of weight and looked absolutely tremendous.

Mr Khan said that he was upset to see such a large hernia especially in view of everything I'd already been through and he was in a bit of a quandry as to how to deal with it. He felt that if he operated now then the hernia would only come back again and normally he would advise that I waited until I hit my target weight. He said that in people that carry most of their weight in their stomach its always harder to fix these things.

However in light of the fact that my hernia is as large as it is and also because the surrounding areas are swollen and I am suffering acute pain, he was also loathe to leave it, so after a lot of iffing and arghing he decided to send me round to Easi-Brooke for pre-op anaethetist tests and said they had to put me on the surgical list, he said that because of the size of the hernia repair that I will have a two day stay but he will be able to use a laparoscopy this time.

Easibrooke said that there is currently an 8/16 week waiting list for Mr Khan, did the tests and said that if it gets any worse or any more painful meanwhile, then I've to present to A&E, so it looks like I'm having more surgery.

I was gutted that we didn't get the chance to get over to the ward to say hi to Marion, Racheal and Tammy and also very surprised to here Tammy didn't get her surgery. I hope that wasn't because there were so many of us presenting post op problems round at the clinic. Because we were kept at the clinic so long it meant we were late picking the grandchildren up from school.

After we grabbed the kids I realised I hadn't eaten at all so we decided to pop around to Ikea and eat there. I had something that resembled a chicken curry thinking that the chicken looked soft and well cooked. That was a mistake, the very first mouthfull got stuck. Its time I came to terms with the fact that me and chicken just don't go any more and stopped trying to force it down.

It wasn't long before I realised that I was going to be sick. Those of you that have got food stuck like this will know how you can't get any relief until you are sick, but the last place I wanted to be sick was in Ikea for gods sake. In the end I had no choice and ran off to the loo very embarrassed, only to have this women say.. 'I know what it feels like dear, I was always sick when I was pregnant'! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Cry because she assumed my hernia was a baby or laugh because she thought I was young enough to have a baby.. Ha Ha

Anyway, we have just dropped the girls off with their dad, have noticed its gone ten and are both flagging after such a long day, so I'll say goodnight and take care.

xxx

Dear God surgery again and so soon hun . Is it an umbilical hernia you have ? I`m sorry to hear that Tammy didn`t get her surgery . Good luck and take care .
Margaret xx

He said it was at least one possibly two post operative Ventral Hernias whatever they are.

Blimey, the hernia sounds awful for you. Hope it gets sorted soon, and the op is uncomplicated.
Best wishes to you x

Hi Bonita

Sorry to hear you have to endure another operation...but by the same token I'm glad they are going to sort it out fairly soon.

With regards to the woman thinking you might be pregnant, you have to laugh or else you might throttle her...lol. I had similar happen to me about 3 and half years ago, I was slimmer and had been on a diet, so I thought I was doing so well and was slim'ish. I was wading through the racks looking for new born baby clothes for my step daughter in America when the shop assistant said "Not long now then?"...I could have throttled her and literally within half an hour of that I was consoling myself in Pizza Express...

Take care hun.

Snow xxx

Last edited:
Back