• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

For pierce.. or anything else who will know..

Kitteh

Late night spammer
Right.. My friend had this intenet thing which she plugs either into her phone or laptop or something, and gets the internet. She doesnt use router like i do.. or plugs it into the wall.. She gets it through her mobile phone.. Could you tell me what this is called, Cos since michael is moving to germany where there is no internet in the rooms.. i thought he may be able to use it..

Thanks

Cat x x

I know what you mean, I've seen people on trains use them. I spoke to one (very cute, sat next to me on his way to Taunton) and from what i understood its from 3 mobile, works like a mobile in that it picks up signal, but is actually the internet. I've also seen them on sale in Orange shops - have a look online or pop in to have a chat? I would imagine it would be expensive over time though (network costs re-routed from germany, would it even work in germany?) - might be best to work out costs of internet cafe's instead, or enquire about possibility of having internet installed?

x

Well i thought i would find out what they are called, and obv there will be phone networks in germany, so we were gonna find a german network with it.. hehe..
i still dont have a clue.. been searching for "wireless mobile internet" and i just cant find any name.. lol..!

x x

I saw it yesterday in carphone warehouse. we are getting one for when we move to spain. at the moment you get a free laptop with it. you just pay roaming charges. too tired for capital letters. sorry

asked husband..he said look up vodaphone. more expensive but reliable

Technically what it is:

A usb connected hspda device that runs using a sim card that does not offer other traditional celular services.

My mobile phone a Sony-Eircsson w880i has 3G on the phone, as part of my price plan I can use the internet. Its 3G and is not quite as fast as HSPDA connection, but fast enough to download video from youtube, its good enough.

As far as i know you can buy the 3 network one, which will work in any country your in so long as that country has the 3 network in it. Same with making phone calls, if your on 3 germany and call a german number you get charged local rates.

Best advicee is to ask around :) The other issue is that when he gets to germany the place they are in may not have any coverage!

Pierce

Pierce you bad man - make my knees go weak with all that filthy talk x

Hi Cat,

What you are talking about is Mobile broadband and can get it in the form of a a USB or Modem or if you have a compatible handset via that.

I work for T-Mobile and Kitty B is right it would be the Web 'n' walk Plus you would need in the UK. You can also get it in Germany with T-Mobile. If you go to T-Mobile on the magenta/pink strip you can change language to english, then bottom left you will see 'Overview of web'n'walk packages, to give you an idea of prices, speed and usuage.

You would be better off getting it in Germany as its connected to a SIM card, so if you had a UK SIM you would have to pay roaming charges as it goes across to the UK network where the SIM is registered and will charge you for that.

I'm over at the Bonn office on Weds, so will pop into the shop if you like and try and pick up some info for you (if they have any in English) and can post it to you if you wish. x

Thanks so much..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oooooh you guys are great..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had went on the T mobile site.. but we couldnt read german.. Lol..! thanks for telling me how to change it..

x x x x

Back