• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Four weeks post Op!!!

LubiLu

Well Hello...
I have been on this site for a while now and I have found it so helpful. I thought that I would ask you all, as I haven't got anyone else to ask. I have 2 main issues, that I hope you can help with.

I had a Gastric Bypass on Tuesday 7th August, so I am four weeks post op.

At my heaviest I was 30st 10lbs in May 2011, when I started the milk diet 10 days before my op I was 23st 12lbs. On my surgery day I was 23st 1.5lbs.
As of this morning, I am 21st 12lbs. So I have lost 1st 3,5lbs since my op. I know that I should be happy, as it does seem quite a lot, but I haven't lost any weight in the past 2 weeks.
In a very long way of saying it, Is this normal?

My other concern is that I have recently added different foods to my diet. Everyday I am trying something new, and to be honest, everything has gone done well. The only issue I have had, is when I've been out and I have eaten too quickly. I know better, so will be extra careful in future.

So the next question is.. How much should I be eating?
I am practically eating everything, except bread and rice, but on Sunday my husband made a Sunday dinner and I put some on a very small plate. I took my time and I managed to eat everything. I wasn't full at all, but obviously stopped eating. I am just concerned at this early stage that I can eat quite a bit. I have decided to only have 3 meals a day, but really, how much is too much?

Thank you in advance, any help would be much appreciated, Lucy

Hi there lucy... I am also 4 weeks out of surgery and like you can now manage pretty much anything, and have been posting like mad on here, as am really concerned about the fact I think I am eating too much, and not feeling any restriction etc... Everyone has told me that they all felt the same way in the early weeks, and that we only get to start to really feel the restriction when we start eating dry meat and crustier types of foodstuffs..
My weight loss has also slowed this last week and this week I havent lost anything at all, and yet I am still eating about the same.. Again, I have been told by others on here, that this is pretty normal at this stage to have a weight stall, and not to worry..
Hope this reassures you a little, but if not, I am sure others more experienced than I am will be along to give more reassurance...

Thank you so much for that. It's nice to hear someone going through the same thing. Maybe I shouldn't be worried, if everyone goes through the same thing. I hope my weight starts coming off soon. How are you finding things?

I'm about in the same place as you are I think... I can eat crispy things now like crackerbreads and stuff, and worrying all the time that I am not feeling any restriction etc etc.. lol.. I am going to actually try eating some proper meat next week and see if that does feel differently to the softer foods. Not really happy about not losing any weight for this week, but resigned to the fact that its almost inevitable to stall like this.. We will both have to just keep plodding along I think.. What has helped me though is to check out the bypass daily menu thread, and see what everyone else is eating. I have started posting my daily menus there also, so that I can get feedback on what and how much I am eating. It really is a great thread, you should have a look at it when you have time....

Back