• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TO PRE-OP DIET OR NOT???

laurajlucy

:confused::confused::confused:
I have been reading through some posts and am a little concerned!
My surgery is 2 weeks this Sunday and I have yet to be advised professionally regarding a pre-op diet. I am diabetic, so do not know if I should just go ahead and start the milk diet on Sunday or not???
I have my endoscopy this Wednesday and Im awaiting my pre-op assessment appointment. My Liver is already on the large side and my worst fear is waking up 'not done'!!
HELP!! xxxxxxxx

Danielle1979

I'd contact the hospital first thing monday morning as it's done to shrink your liver and i can't see them not wanting you to do it. I had to start it without them telling me as my pre op assesment was 5 days before my surgery (pre op Yesterday, Surgery on tuesday). I am diabetic myself, and they advised me on how to adjust my medication whilst doing the pre op diet. So i wouldn't start it without speaking with them regarding your diabetes, but contact the as soon as. Also you need to know what your diet will be, all hospitals are diff.
Hope you get sorted, take care

xxx

Louanne79

Which hospital are you under?
I never had to do a pre-op diet. Think it depends in the surgeon.
xXx

Denise Morris

:confused::confused::confused:
I have been reading through some posts and am a little concerned!
My surgery is 2 weeks this Sunday and I have yet to be advised professionally regarding a pre-op diet. I am diabetic, so do not know if I should just go ahead and start the milk diet on Sunday or not???
I have my endoscopy this Wednesday and Im awaiting my pre-op assessment appointment. My Liver is already on the large side and my worst fear is waking up 'not done'!!
HELP!! xxxxxxxx
The diet will probably be on its way in post but the dietician can also email it to you (Maureen Boyle) if you give her email address.
Are you diet/medication controlled diabetes you need to be careful especially if on insulin as we have heard of a few pts having hypo's while on diet so usually have to reduce doses. Incidently the milk one is normally only advised for NON diabetics, they send an alternative one for diabetics.

laurajlucy

Thanks. Am under Sunderland. Am tablet controlled.
Got my appointment this morning for pre-op, it's Weds 21st, so 3 days before I get admitted!
I have now lost the 10lb I need to since Tuesday!!!
Going shopping today, so will start the milk diet tomorrow and carry on until advised otherwise. I have my endoscopy this Weds xx

happy days

Laura the diet is done 10 days before the op I got mine in post 11 days before op. I think it's cos they don't want u starting it early. With you been diabetic I would imagine you will be doing the other diet where you get at least a few carbs aswell. Ring Maureen on Monday she will tell u straight away x