• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding (verbally) confirmed...

Slimmingnix

Hi members,
I have called my PCT who has confirmed that funding has been granted and I will be refered to St Georges. Of course I am excited because this is a major step in the right direction. Unfortunately though, based on this forum, most st georges people are waiting up to 2 years.
Anybody in the early stages and have been given dates/details of timeline by the hospital?
Also, unlike Chelsea & West, they dont appear to have a dedicated website area for bariatric surgery. Anyone have some contact numbers for me so that I can enquire about waiting times?

Sorry about all the questions!

Thanks
SNx

great news!!! sorry i cant help, just wanted to say congrats :) xxx

hope you dont have to wait to long. xxx

Carnt help soz just wanted say congrats :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Congrats on getting the funding, if their waiting list is too long you can ask to be referred elsewhere that's what I did when my original referral hospital had a two year waiting list, I got re-referred to St Richards who where only working to a 12 week list, and I was done there last week almost 12 weeks to the day. If you are ok to travel ask to be referred elseware.

Paul

Congratulations on getting your funding SNx :)

Hope you manage to sort being referered elsewhere ... I am with St Georges so cant help you on waiting times on other hospitals.

All the best

Nicky xx

Slimmingnix,

I'm not sure where you're based but it may be worth asking if they can refer you to Ashford & St Peter's Hospital in Ashford & Chertsey. They work alongside St Georges but are a new unit - only been operating since last September - and don't have anywhere as long a waiting list as St Georges.

Appointments are held at Ashford Hospital in Middlesex (near Staines/Feltham) and surgery takes place at St Peter's Chertsey for bypass and sleeve or Ashford for bands. Until they have completed 50 procedures at St Peter's they're not allowed to operate on people with a BMI over 50 (at the moment they are referred to St Georges!!) but have well over 30 ops under their belts already so it won't be long and then they can do all ops on site.

Tatiana

Thank you everyone, this is really helpful. As soon as I get the paperwork I will check what it says. I will then ring around the hospitals who are relatively accessible to check all their waiting times. Over and above the actual op and required appointments, I want to attend regular support groups, so hospital needs to be accessible.

There's a fab support group at St. Georges, only draw back is that it starts at 5pm which makes it difficult to get to if you go to work but it is good and is run by the Bariatric nurse who has had a band, sleeve, bypass and plastics herself so understands all aspects of our worries. I think you could probably go to it even if you're not having your op at St. Georges. It's on the last Tuesday of the month.

Kate x

Back