• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Garlic Soup

claire36uk

Hi All.... A couple of weeks ago i posted a thread of some soup recipe's, i did type them out for people so that i could email them BUT after i had finished ALL 500 of them, instead of saving them i closed the box down. I have just made the Garlic Soup recipe and i have to say it is lovely and very tasty as well and strangely enough not as very garlicy lol anyway here is the recipe again if anyone wants to give it a try and have a change from the usual soups ENJOY!!! :D

Garlic Soup
Serves 8

12 Large Garlic Cloves, Crushed
15ml/ 1tbsp Olive Oil
15ml/1tbsp Melted butter
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
15g/11/2oz/2tbsp Plain ( all-purpose) flour
15ml/1tbsp White Wine Vinegar
1 Litre/13/4 pints/4cups Vegetable Stock
2 Egg Yolks
Croutons, to serve

Heat the oiland butter into a pan, add the garlic and onion, and cook them gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Stir in the flour and make a smooth paste, cook for a few minutes,stirring, without letting the mixture brown. Then stir in the wine vinegar, stock and 1 litre/13/4 pints/4 cups water.Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cover the pan. Simmer gently for 30 minutes.

Just before serving, lightly whisk the egg yolks in a bowl. Remove the pan from the heat and add a ladleful of soup to the yolks, Stir with the whisk until the yolks are well mixed with the soup, then pour the mixture into the pan.

Heat the soup over low heat, stirring, for a few seconds but do not allow it to simmer or boil or the yolks will curdle. Put the croutons into soup bowls and pour the hot soup over them, serve immediately.

Cooks Tips
Once the yolks are added the soup is difficult to reheat from cold. If the whole batch is not going to be served, pour half into a pan and add just 1 egg yolk,finish the rest when required.

Energy 55kcal/229kj: Protein 1.3g Carbohydrate 3g of which sugars 0.5g: Fat 4.4g of which saturates 1.6g Cholesterol 54mg: Calcium 12mg: Fibre 0.3g: Sodium 50mg

Thanks for taking the trouble to do that Clare and glad you enjoyed your soup

Jay xx

Looks (err make that reads) yummy, Claire. Why not post it again on the wls recipes sticky so we don't lose track of it?

yum garlic soup, i love garlic anything, thats one thing im missing already garlic bread !*drool* lol :D

Thanks for that Claire Ill be pinning it to the fridge, just to annoy hubby lol

looking at it, seeing as im going to be freezing it I think I will leave those egg yolks out anyway :D

oh garlic and coriander.....adds more ingreds to shopping list lol

:D mmmmmmmm yum ! :p

Back