• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home made mushroom soup 50 calories per bowl

Fat sue

Once a week I shall post a recipe for a soup today it's mushroom soup please try and enjoy

Mushroom soup
2 packets of mushrooms
5 medium size onions
3 potatoes medium size
3 vegetable or chicken stock cubes
1/2 pint of milk
1 pint of cold water
2oz of butter
Pinch of self and black pepper
--------
Wash and chop the mushrooms into small cubs
Peel and chop the potatoes and onions into small cubs

Melt the butter in a pan add all the vegetables and keep stirring until all the vegetables are soft but not brown then transfer to a pot and cover with water just enough to have all the vegetables covered bring to the boil and when bubbling reduce to simmer and add stock cubs and stir and cover for 20 minutes stirring every few minutes when you can squash vegetables on the side of the pot it's time to blend it all up then return to the pot add the milk , salt and pepper and stir over heat for 2 minutes ...
Now it's ready to serve and enjoy ...

emma-louise said:
What a nice idea..look foward to reading these and trying x

Please do and enjoy and don't worry about the butter as it helps stop dumping and the veg are part of your 5 a day and the stock cubs only have 7 cal each the milk is protein of the day and I promise you will enjoy and the whole family will enjoy it and you wont feel like your eating any different just add brown soda bread for the rest of the family and hey presto lunch is served xx

Can I be nosey and ask what other soups you may be putting on here?
Even though I'm over 2 yrs post op,I struggle with meats(unless really soft)so been wanting to cook soups,as I'm sick of my stews!

Vegetable soup
Leak and potato
Tomato and red pepper
Chicken soup
And I'm trying out a few more over the next few days I use my kids and mother as my ginny pigs All the soups are band and bypass friendly and all help stop with dumping

Do you have anything with pumpkin?

I've got the insides still in fridge from my Halloween carved pumpkin,I hated to waste it!...lol
I tryed pumpkin and chorizo last year and I dumped on it even though it was a baratric friendly recipe!(USA one)

emma-louise said:
Can I be nosey and ask what other soups you may be putting on here?
Even though I'm over 2 yrs post op,I struggle with meats(unless really soft)so been wanting to cook soups,as I'm sick of my stews!

Hi Emma if theres one you would like just ask and I shall come up with a soup that's band friendly and low calories ;)

emma-louise said:
Do you have anything with pumpkin?

I've got the insides still in fridge from my Halloween carved pumpkin,I hated to waste it!...lol
I tryed pumpkin and chorizo last year and I dumped on it even though it was a baratric friendly recipe!(USA one)

No lol but I will come up with one for next year lol

I've made poking soup pre bypass but am sure it would still be ok post. Rust insides of the pumpkin with a little olive oil, or you could just cook in the stock.
Chop large onion and fry in tbl spoon butter with sons garlic, add pumpkin and chicken stock and simmer til soft. Season I normally add large spoon low fat Creme fresh, but milk would be ok and then blitz. Sometimes. I add nutmeg to it, season as you like. It's simple but tasty.

Back