• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band and chocolate

mcknil

Hello
I am not suitable for a bypass, and wonder if anyone has a band and a chocolate addiction and how do you get on? Still trying to reach a decision about what to do at the moment.

Thanks

Louise

I was recommended the bypass over the band as was told that things like biscuits, cake and choccie would 'just slip through'. The fact that the bypass causes the 'dumping syndrome' should act as a deterrent. Dumping is when you eat something fatty or sugary and the body almost immediately dumps it via mouth or bum.

Hello
I am not suitable for a bypass, and wonder if anyone has a band and a chocolate addiction and how do you get on? Still trying to reach a decision about what to do at the moment.

Thanks

Louise
Hiya Louise

I am having a band in 10 days.... you WILL still be able to eat chocolate with the BAND, it is the BYPASS that stops you from eating chocolate, you suffer from 'dumping syndrome' that is waht makes you feel ill.
It would be easy to eat chocolate with a band as the chocolate melts and will easily slip through the band's restriction.

I hope this helps.

Nessa x

Back