• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band

jackie123

Hi,
I had my band 5 1/2 yrs ago.
Weight fell off to begin with I lost 8st in about yr.
I then plateaued for a couple of yrs, got pregnant, lost abit more. Then stupidly had it emptied because I was getting married!! BIG MISTAKE! I have now put on 4st whilst trying to get my band filled back up to the right restriction.
In answer to your question, I wish I had a bypass, the weight lose is quicker and it is non- reversable!!
If you have a sweet tooth Like I do, ice cream, chocolate etc goes down easy so you do have to work at it.
Its not a miracle cure.
Jackie

Hi Jackie

I am pleased to hear that you have a band still in working order after 5 years..but it was a shame about your weight gain.

Are you starting to lose again?

At least it is a tool that you can always use whenever you want it, where did you have it fitted?

Hi
why did you have it emptied ?
Did you have any problems whilst being pregnant.
Woudl you have it again ?
helen
x

Hi,
I had my band 5 1/2 yrs ago.
Weight fell off to begin with I lost 8st in about yr.
I then plateaued for a couple of yrs, got pregnant, lost abit more. Then stupidly had it emptied because I was getting married!! BIG MISTAKE! I have now put on 4st whilst trying to get my band filled back up to the right restriction.
In answer to your question, I wish I had a bypass, the weight lose is quicker and it is non- reversable!!
If you have a sweet tooth Like I do, ice cream, chocolate etc goes down easy so you do have to work at it.
Its not a miracle cure.
Jackie

Its so true that it is not a miracle cure. I am having trouble not to self sabotage. Im working at it. Also got a referral to councilling to get the psychological side sorted. I dont have a sweet tooth but crisps are my comfort food and they go down easy too. Take care x

Its so hard knowing which is the best option.
I would hate to think that I woudl have the band and then not lose the weight. But then I honestly dont want to have a bypass.
Good luck wlh, I too find crisps a comfort not too keen on many sweet things not a choccy eater at all.
x

Its so hard knowing which is the best option.
I would hate to think that I woudl have the band and then not lose the weight. But then I honestly dont want to have a bypass.
Good luck wlh, I too find crisps a comfort not too keen on many sweet things not a choccy eater at all.
x

i find alot of it about substituting i love choc but now have a low fat choc moose instead and if i want crisps i have the baked skips n those type that are real low in calories and limit how much i buy of it that said im not perfect and have the odd slip but not to bad

I had a band fitted last March and have managed to loose just over 5 stone (5 stone 4lbs to be exact!) Lol.
Im actually following the SW plan although obviously portion size is much different and thats working for me...I can still have the crisps and chocolate if I need to and its all in the plan. The funny thing is, I dont feel like eating something I shouldnt anymore where as before I would feel deprived.
I still have a long way to go (7stone), but Im loosing an average of 2lbs a week as I should do and Im really happy.

Hi,
I had my band fitted at the Shrewsbury Nuffield hospital by Mr Surgurdsson.
I stupidly had by band emptied because I was getting married and wanted to enjoy my day really.
I have had my band refilled, but the restriction is very little so I am doing CD until it is filled up enough.
Luckily I don't have to pay for fills, but I know some people are paying up to £250.00 per fill!!

Jackie x

Back