• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band gone wrong !

The band hasn't worked well for me, but it has worked amazing for others. I realise now the rny would've suited me better but the surgery/recovery was fine just not the right choice for me

Well just thought I'd let every one now I had my band :) I had it done on 17th nov and so am 6 days post op. So with the 2week pre op and 6days post op I have lost a total off 1stone 10 pounds I can't believe it.....(over the moon)

Am doing this to help others who are due to get there bands done also if any ones has some advice for me would greatly be appreciated with my pain I had. Am going to do a list of what I eaten and how much I have moved .

Day 1) I had 1 cup a soup
Day 2) I had 2 half a cups of cup a soup and about 3cups of teas
Day 3) I had a mouth full of a milkshake (but it hurt a bit so I stopped drinking it) and a kid much bunch yogat and a glass of milk with the power milkshake in it (that was much Easier to drink) and about 2 cups of tea
Day 4) I went to a cavery with my friend and was really good I had a bowel of tomato soup while they eat there carvery I had about 3 cup of teas
Day 5) I had about 4 cups of tea and a glass of milk and quarter of a tin of chicken soup ( I watered it down) a glass of orange juice
Day 6) so far to day I have had 2 cups of tea and later on I'll properly have a bit more off that tin of chicken soup from yesterday day lol

Day 1) got home for about 9 in the morning on Monday I could stand and sit down ok was not really in much pain could only lay on my back in bed and couldn't bend over
Day 2) layer in bed most of the day to recover wasn't really in much pain I was able to start laying on my right hand side still could not bend over though
Day 3) I was starting to feel fed up of been in bed as on the day before I came home I was just layered in bed all day as well (op date) so I had a shower and I now I really shouldn't off but I wouldn't off done it if I wasn't feeling up to it I drove my car to see mother in law on her b-day and did shopping ect still found it hard bending over and could only sleep on right side and back
Day 4) could bend a little socks and shoes on ect found it easier to lay on both sides and back dove my car again was out all day
Day 5) I could bend over a bit better lay on both sides and back went out again in car but when I got home last night I went to pub (I only had orange juice) I stared to feel a pain were my big scar is and around that area ............ Could it be I was doing to much ????
Day 6) to day feeling a bit better decide to take it slow and not go out been walking around garden and layed in bed :(

Does any one have any ideas about the pain ??? And let me know if you lot think am doing ok or if there is any think I best of changeling and I hope this is also helpfull in some way for people due to get a band x

Thank you :) I don't know if it's normal but the left side of my belly were my big scar is were a bit of pain is coming from feels heavy lol x

Back