• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band in Jan - tips?!

Léonie_

Hi all,

My names Léonie and I'm due for surgery in Jan..can honestly say i can not wait!

Mum's had a bypass so i get the jist of her journey, but any advice or tips from anyone who's had a band or is due one would be greatly appreciated..

Don't really want to turn to friends for thoughts (being as most are below a size bloody ten!)so anything you can add will i'm sure prove useful..

Also..has anyone else gone with the hospital group??

Thanks,

Léonie x:17729:

Hiya, the best piece of advice I can give is to read as many peoples journeys on here as possible. I found more information on here than I was given by the surgeon, even answering questions I didn't know I had.

One important thing I learnt on here was not to be surprised if you don't get a good restriction until after several fills.

Also, after your op please don't do too much, I'm 5 days post op, and yesterday I went bowling (using the ramp and OH lifting the ball for me) I then made lunch and dinner, however today I regretted it as felt washed out all morning.

I hope I haven't scared you, the op isn't too bad, you just need to rest afterwards, good luck on your journeys. xx

That's where I'm having mine done too!i know what you mean in terms of excitement..i take it you've started your pre-op diet?how's that going??

Nervous excitement I think lol! Not starting til Wednesday on pre-op diet was told need to be on 1000 cals for one week before?? Have read sook many different pre-op diets not sure why only a week though maybe cause my bmi is under 50?? Have been Reading lots about the surgery ang THG just hoping things go well :) my neighbour had her band fitted January of this year and has lost almost 5 stone!! Bring it on I say.:)

On the subject of resting I have got a week off work hoping this will be enough!! I'm a nurse in gp surgery so can make case load as flexible as I want really :) only thing concerning me is my little 22 month old wanting me to pick her up post op?? Haven't been bowling for ages was the fun worth the discomfort lol:)

On the subject of resting I have got a week off work hoping this will be enough!!

I hope so too - I've only got 4 days off and my job involves being on my feet all day..kind of hoping this will help the loss even more!

The hardest thing for me will be the length of time it takes to come off i think after seeing my mum after the bypass..just have to keep remembering two different bodies and two different surgeries..

Let me know how your pre op diet goes though!

Wishing you luck on your wls xx

Back