• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band patient loses fight for life.

how very tragic for her young daughter
as sam say very sad

very very sad story sam, but still the chances are very low of passing away from wls, yes it happens but its low compared to the number of successfull ops, my thoughts are with her family and freinds xxx
thanks for sharing the story sam xxx

liz x

Rest in peace kerry. This is so sad that a young mum felt that she needed to have surgery because of the ignorant bas*ards who make so many overweight peoples lives a misery and was so scared her daughter would be bullied as she was overweight.
My thoughts are with her beautiful daughter and her family x

That is so tragic. I feel so sad for her family.

I read this on Sky news but was a bit unsire whether to post it.

Such a shame :(

I'm sure the little girl will be looked after well and made sure she doesn't forget her mum :)

xxx

That is truly the saddest story. That poor little girl.

Very sad to read :cry:
I understand where she is coming from though, my daughter is 11 and due to start high school in Sept. I dont want her to be called the one with the fat mum, its painful enough when people call you but to do it through your child is the worst thing ever. Ill be glad to take my daughter to school events when I have lost some weight, at the minute Ill spare her the embarrassment...knowing her though I know she doest give a monkeys and will brush it off or ignore the comments.

Its just a shame that she lost her life to protect her daughter, no one should have to protect anyone to that degree:(

It's a very sad story. The poor woman and her family.

It's a very sad story and all over the front pages of our local paper here in York today. :(

Sad news of this young mum. Condolences to all her family and friends. I know its a risk we all take but would'nt it be nice to hear the success stories in the news too. All we get to hear is about the tragedies and this gives people a negative view on weight loss surgery. Perhaps if there was more good news people would understand why we take that riskxx

OMG it just brings the reality of it home, I have three children 7, 4 and 1 and worry that I am the fattest in teh playground for their sake, my middle child said to me at the swiming baths last week whilst my eldest was having a lesson, why dont you take us swimming all the other mums do, my reply was I will when I am thin she said OK !
just shows that allthough your kids love you unconditionally and you them they still see what teh world see's even at 4 !
so very sad xx

What a tragic story. My thoughts are with her family. What a truly special person she was to do this for her daughters sake. I am sure it a teriffic loss for everybody involved.

Back