• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band

Vickys

Hi all.

I had my gastric band fitted on Sunday 4th October 2009 and am feeling quite sore and a bit sick. Can anyone who had a gastric band fitted reassure me as to how much longer I will have to wait before I feel better? :wave_cry:

Vickys

Hi Vicky, welcome to the losing side. I had my band fitted 2wks ago and was fine after about 4-5 days. I drank loads of peppermint tea the day I had the op and the day after and walked round and round everytime I felt the wind bubbling away inside......it soon dispersed lol! I can't help you with the sickness I'm afraid, as I didn't feel sick. But I'm sure you'll be feeling much much better in a couple of more days. I'm 2wks post-op and feel fine apart from the obvious like being tired and cold more than usual, but that's only because of the lack of calories whilst I'm on slop, and sore inside....but it's not excruciating. Hope you feel better soon hun, just rest up and take it easy for a few more days. Let's know how you get on. Feel free to send me a private message and I'll let you know my email address. x

Thank you

Will give the pepermint tea a try!!

Thanks for the reassurance, unfortunately don't know how to send a private message as I am a bit of a technophobe!!!:)

Hi
I had my band in mar and had trapped wind shoulder pain- I can honestly say it got better each day - Good luck James

it does get better each day, movement is the best cure, the more your mobile the quicker you will recover x

I was a bit sore for a few days, getting out of bed after a nights sleep was the worst but after being a bit more mobile in the day it got better, keep the painkillers and windeze close by!! felt back to normal energy wise after a couple of weeks, but was back in work 5 days after the op.

It took me about 2 week's to feel better - Now i'm nearly 2 months on and feeling brilliant ! Hope your soon be fighting fit......:)

Back