• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 days post op - feeling hungry

laurawls

Ad a gastric band fitted on Tuesday 4th feb. Feeling a bit uncomfy sleeping walking but def on the mend.

I am now on a liquid diet for 2 weeks and I'm feeling starving!

Any ideas how to stop the hunger? Or other liquid ideas other than milky coffee, milkshake and soup........

Hi. I had home made soup with a bit of potato in. Maybe add a a couple of spoons to your soup, so long as it's still 'liquid'
You could also try a yogurt maybe

band fitted 16.01.14

Hi ya I feel your pain hun. My band was fitted 21st January and im on a 4 weeks post op liquid diet. Its killing me. I did Have a bit of smash which was very watery. Sounds horrid bit was lush. Roll on next tuesday I Can't wait for some cottage pie.

Ad a gastric band fitted on Tuesday 4th feb. Feeling a bit uncomfy sleeping walking but def on the mend.

I am now on a liquid diet for 2 weeks and I'm feeling starving!

Any ideas how to stop the hunger? Or other liquid ideas other than milky coffee, milkshake and soup........
Hi Laura, boring isn't it . I'm day 6 today and getting bored now. Like you my appetite is returning. I was advised to eat every 2 hours so I have been having muller light greek yoghurt with pureed fruit pots ( in the baby section in Tesco). Bought some tubs of fresh soup too. Also I've had the individual pots of tesco light custard, its really nice. Other than that, I too am stumped for choice for you.
Did your pains settle Laura? xx

When I asked provider about yoghurts etc she said no. Just yoghurt drinks. It needs to be think enough to go through a straw. I have also been told what ever it is I've only to have 200ml and leave 1.5-2 hour gap between each liquid. Pains have settled a bit. Still a bit of wind pain bit not too bad and still uncomfy in bed. Going to try and sleep on my side tonight. On the whole def feeling a lot better xx

When I asked provider about yoghurts etc she said no. Just yoghurt drinks. It needs to be think enough to go through a straw. I have also been told what ever it is I've only to have 200ml and leave 1.5-2 hour gap between each liquid. Pains have settled a bit. Still a bit of wind pain bit not too bad and still uncomfy in bed. Going to try and sleep on my side tonight. On the whole def feeling a lot better xx

Great to hear your on the mend. The wind pain is horrible isn't it. I felt like a deflating bslloon for a day it was bliss when it had all passed. I find frubes & activia's to be a godsend. Good luck on your journey xxx

milky coffees, no added sugar crusha blended (frothy makes it thicker) drinking yoghurts, actimel etc, fruit juice, veg juices, smoothies (blend in fruit for fibre and vits) bovril, oxo, soups, thinned down low fat custard. Tea, coffee, plenty of water and squash are other things that you could have too.

Drinking yoghurts, milk and fruit blended make a great smoothie too :)

Back