• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric bypass op on thursday 23 april

judybrowneyes

Hi peeps , well really on count down now mixture of excitement and pure terror lol told my hubby maybe i should write out a list of people he needs to contact if it all goes wrong daft i know but guess i am not alone worrying just in case....lost about 9ib on pre shrink liver diet hope its shrunk enough urgghhhh as not exactly followed it to the T not gone too much off piste lol ...reading all your progress keeps me going so soon Thursday will be here !! got to start my heprin injections tomorrow.. lol never injected before but sure it will be ok lol ... starting to ramble now lol so i will shut up lol hope you are all enjoying the sunshine x

Hi Judy :) It's come round quick! Hope everything goes well, update us as soon as you can!

Hi everyone thanks very much i promise soon as i am back i will post , thanks for the words of encouragement, going to pack my hospital bag this afternoon as i got a mad week this week lol well at least i will get a rest in hospital lol well sort off lol

Hi Judy oooh it must be such a mixture of feelings knowing your date so I can empathise with you there I am still in the process but no doubt it will come round quick enough if I can every decide which surgery to have I went for band and was offered bypass.........was not expected so threw me a bit.............actually a bit is an understatement................it threw me alot lol!!!!!
Anyway will be watching how you get on .........good luck..........you will be fine

Love n hugs Jay xx

Hi Jay good luck to you on your journey the time will fly, for me ther e was no choice with the amount of weight i need to loose it had to be bypass...I am sure your surgeon will have an opinion about which is best suited for you and with all the great threads on both on here i am sure you will come to a conclusion that you feel it right for you!!.. where you having your op?? J xx.
Hi Judy oooh it must be such a mixture of feelings knowing your date so I can empathise with you there I am still in the process but no doubt it will come round quick enough if I can every decide which surgery to have I went for band and was offered bypass.........was not expected so threw me a bit.............actually a bit is an understatement................it threw me alot lol!!!!!
Anyway will be watching how you get on .........good luck..........you will be fine

Love n hugs Jay xx

Hi Judy am having the op at Luton they have an obesity centre of excellence there so know the surgeons are okay as they are in other parts of the country Dont know if anyone else has been through Luton
Love n hugs Jay xx

Hi Jay thats brilliant so glad you got a good team looking after you I live in London so not too far from Luton there was some talk on here a while ago about maybe people meeting up in London so we all might get a chance to compare nots and scars lol in person !! I am being done at the Whittington ... one thing for sure talk about having an MOT before so at least they know all about you before which is great ... no surprises lol hope you get your date soon hugs Jude xx
Hi Judy am having the op at Luton they have an obesity centre of excellence there so know the surgeons are okay as they are in other parts of the country Dont know if anyone else has been through Luton
Love n hugs Jay xx

hiya judy hun .... well u know u have my love and wishes and i know all will be fine for you hun and your doing great on your liver shrink so you have nothing to worry about hun.

will all be over and done with before you know.

i did send u an email other day asking how everything was..

so nice to know ur on track and look forward to hearing about how it all went xxx

Hey Brett Thanks so much honey yes just being a scared y cat lol but i am fine and really looking forward to getting to Thursday will need the rest as i have a crazy week grrr why do we do it to ourselves still lol next year I am will be slimmer yeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii my last fat summer yeiiiiiii hope you are being good Brett, sorry not sure what happened re your email will check opps sorry :)
hiya judy hun .... well u know u have my love and wishes and i know all will be fine for you hun and your doing great on your liver shrink so you have nothing to worry about hun.

will all be over and done with before you know.

i did send u an email other day asking how everything was..

so nice to know ur on track and look forward to hearing about how it all went xxx

Hey Jay thats good they are doing echo share a funny sotry with you when i went for mine thw two nice girls who did my echo were very good about making sure when there male colleague came in making sure i was covered up lol well afer that i had to have a ecg and the guy called me then asked did i mind if he did it and did i want a chaperone' well by that time i just needed to get out as soon as so i said no problem thinking he just need to stick a few stickers with wires on my boobs ....lol little did i know he would have to lift each to place on underneath as well lol i was too surprised to say anything lol he said doing anything nice after this lol hugs Jude xx
Thats true Judy am having an echo cardiogram early May but only because of my age but as you say at least that way there are no surprises on the day

Love n hugs Jay xx

Yeah that is funny Judy I had an ecg last thursday whilst I was having my initial meetings with the nurse and medic luckily it was a female lol
Even then I still feel embarassed, and I AM a nurse lol and know that we dont take any notice of the body in that way it is just part of the routine but it doesnt stop you feeling red when your own 'bits' are on display

By the way did you do anything nice after that??????

Love n hugs Jay xx

Love n hugs Jay xx
Hi - i had the same thing went for band but offered bypass...how did you decide as I am yet to make that decision!

Angelwings I am STILL trying to decide lol.......I am talking to people who have had both but at the end of the day on both camps people are happy with what they have and most are doing well with their band or bypass
So really we have to think what is best for us .....for me I have had several ops in the past, and if someone was saying to me you need this op because.........I would have it no problem,but because I have a choice it is really hard to know what to do
I have diabetes and the bypass has been putting many diabetics into remission which is an amazing thing, they are not sure why it happens just that it happens I also have arthritis so any weight loss will help my joints , whether band or bypass. My bp is high etc, etc,
But long term I want to keep my weight down and dont want to go back to old ways So much to think about Where are you going to be having your procedure done??
I will look forward to seeing what you decide angel, I am thinking I should go for the bypass then it is a life change I cant 'cheat' and I just accept this is how things are now and I am better for it...............then the other side says but wouldnt the band be just as good as that is what I went for in the first place.
All I know is that the team is recommending bypass for me, and saying also I mustnt be pressured to have what I want..............but should I listen to them as they are doing them every week??
Sorry this post is all over the place just trying to let you know I understand and shared your confusion.

Love n hugs Jay xx

Back