• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric bypass op on thursday 23 april

Just wanted to pop in and say best of luck for Thursday. Look forward to hearing how it goes for you.

Nic:D

I will look forward to seeing what you decide angel, I am thinking I should go for the bypass then it is a life change I cant 'cheat' and I just accept this is how things are now and I am better for it...............then the other side says but wouldnt the band be just as good as that is what I went for in the first place.
All I know is that the team is recommending bypass for me, and saying also I mustnt be pressured to have what I want..............but should I listen to them as they are doing them every week??
Sorry this post is all over the place just trying to let you know I understand and shared your confusion.

Love n hugs Jay xx

Hi Jay, thanks for the insight you weren't all the place and even if you were, just like me its kinda understandable when we have such a decision to make! I wonder sometimes do I just not have it at all but then i want to get married in 2 years looking slim in the photos and I just want to feel comfortable. I've let my weight control me rather than the other way round and the other day I decided that if the expert feels the bypass is going to benefit me more than i'm going for it. I agree with what you said that it stops all cheating compeltly and I can't say no and i've been trying to be good this week and failed already by giving in to a flapjack!!! Garrgh! I feel like i'm trying again every day and its just depressing. My bf is good to me but he says some really insensitive things to me sometimes and it really doesn't help. I definitely feel I've made the right decision i'm just having a panic over how to tell my boss about it...where do I begin??? And i think thats the hardest part...somehow doubt that! :rolleyes: love laura x

Last edited:
sending my love and hope all went ok today im at the hospital tomorrow i will ask about you while im there hun.. luv and hugs xxx

Angelwings I too have decided to go for the by pass........at last a decision
I spoke to one of the group members here, shelbel on the phone Wed and she was a great help then today I met Mrs CAkeybun and she too was fab, she has had a band but her experience and support was so much appreciated.
I just feel that long term and for all the medical probs I have it is the best thing

Love n hugs Jay xx

Hi judy hope all goes well today

there is a meeting planned for first weekend in may look for the london meet thread for details

Angelwings I too have decided to go for the by pass........at last a decision
I spoke to one of the group members here, shelbel on the phone Wed and she was a great help then today I met Mrs CAkeybun and she too was fab, she has had a band but her experience and support was so much appreciated.
I just feel that long term and for all the medical probs I have it is the best thing

Love n hugs Jay xx

Thats fantastic newsI'm really pleased for you! Just one question how did you tell the hospital your decision? I wrote to them as I wasn't sure what number or who to speak to!!

Back