• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric sleeve leak & staples?

cathykats

Hi all I just wondering if the staples put in are they there for life or do they dissolve? Also is the possible leak thing for live or just for the 1st few months?? :confused:

Cathy x

Ric

Wants to run a marathon
The leak is not for life mainly just the first 24 hours really. You have to take it easy for a while though

Ric

Wants to run a marathon
As far as I'm aware there are in for life... Could be wrong, the stomach will eventually grow over them as you heal

cathykats

Thanks again Ric :) . I watched your YouTube videos a few weeks ago and I must say you really made think positive about the whole thing :) x

witchingmoon

Thanks again Ric :) . I watched your YouTube videos a few weeks ago and I must say you really made think positive about the whole thing :) x

I can't watch the op it makes me get all worried but then I am a wuss lol.

I was told the leaks were more like to happen if at all in first day or so but once your healed you will be ok.

Ric

Wants to run a marathon
You can watch animated videos on YouTube, not so graphic yet shows you what they do etc etc

cathykats

I can't watch the op it makes me get all worried but then I am a wuss lol.

I was told the leaks were more like to happen if at all in first day or so but once your healed you will be ok.
I've watched it a few times then I feel all strange and start thinking do I want to go through with it lol but of course I do :) Thanks x

Tracey37

Ric said:
You can watch animated videos on YouTube, not so graphic yet shows you what they do etc etc

Which YouTube video are u under ric as like to see your video , as having sleeve in Jan 2012

Ric

Wants to run a marathon
Click on the little YouTube sign under my name you will see my videos :)

Tracey37

Ric said:
Click on the little YouTube sign under my name you will see my videos :)

Thanks ric you videos help , I have thyroid problem too and on high dose of 350mg , and so nervous about surgery , I am having a spire hospital in Wirral .

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
Hi Cathy, the staples are titanium & stay in for life much the same as pins & screws used to secure broken bones ... xxx :):):)

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Cathy good luck tomorrow u be fine, I'm a sleever to xx