• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gettibg reallynervous

Slim4son

Hi guys I am getting really nervous now date of banding at thg mr sigurdson at Dolan park I think wht I am most scared of is them waking me from anesthetic and saying could do as something wrong which is why I trying to be good when after Blackpool on 9th July to get my liver reduced would appreciate any help to put mind at rest xxx

hi,

I'm going for the gastric bypass because of my eating habits but would just like to say i wish you all the best and keep smiling because it will be worth it, we all get scared & totaly understandable given the fact that we are having something done which is still view publicly as "risky" I can pretty much garuntee that many years ago when tonsils or appendix where removed people where fearfull then, it because its not "mainstream" surgery that i think our anxiety levels reach the top xx You will be absoloutly fine & in the very unlikley event that they couldn't do the procedure it would only be in your best interest not to continue, so please don't be worried and be excited because this is happening and you will be okay xxxx best wishes xxx

I was the same Hun even as they were about to put me to sleep I was still crying lol the said 'you don't have to go through with it' but I did & it's the best thing I ever did. 9 weeks post op - over 2 & 1/2 stone off feel great go out speed walking & wii dance, able to do both without struggling for breath now :)
You will be fine it natural to feel the way u do - good luck Hun xx

Ah thanks guys for you words I just can't wait now till the 8th aug and getting things started it's the waiting game I snapping at home and crying and my son giving me loads of hugs and kisses I just know I have to do this for me my son husband and family xxxx

take it easy on yourself, enjoy your last few weeks and dont be putting yourself under such stress and pressure! Despite all my great intentions i completely failed my pre op diet...as in completely didnt lost an ounce. Relax. You're not expected to be an angel until 8th august, just try your best to eat well and start going for daily walks. The first few days post op are a bit crap but i'm day 9 now and feeling fine, better everyday, and the band has physically stopped my binging overnight. You need to get some positive mental attitude, if you think negatively you'll get negative results.

Hi slim4son, I had got myself into such a state a few weeks ago that I decided I either had to adandon the procedure or accept my decision once and for all. I mentally put all my negative thoughts, tears, tantrums, bad form etc into a big imaginary balloon and threw it up in the air and waved it goodbye. Surgery was too far away to be stressing everyday. I'm preparing myself now for my pre op diet in a couple of weeks and taking things day by day. I am nervous and scared but I was nervous and scared when I had my children and that was the best result ever so I'm putting this as the second best thing I'll ever have done.

Hi guys thanks so much for your help you really are a good support I just keep bursting into tears scared stiff of going under anesthetic and wondering why it has come to me having a band fitted but I have tried so many things and I owe it to myself and my adorable son and husband to do this I wanna run around after him instead of wanting to sit down and not go on slides I waited 8 years for James and he is my miracle however I just keep bursting into tears scared stiff something going to go wrong but like you have mentioned I need to think positive roll on next sun when I can express my thoughts to the hospital group when I see them at the consultation xxxx

please dont laugh ... but the thing that i used to dread more than anything when having an op is having to take my false teeth out and coming around and thinking that they had lost them... No one has seem me without them in, i only take them out to clean... But it is a real fear that I have..

Reactions: Ric
please dont laugh ... but the thing that i used to dread more than anything when having an op is having to take my false teeth out and coming around and thinking that they had lost them... No one has seem me without them in, i only take them out to clean... But it is a real fear that I have..

I'm so sorry, but I laughed... Not at you, but it lightened the thread a lot!

:D

Hey slim4son your anxieties are normal, but your gonna be fine, and lose a lot of weight for your son!!

im sure your teeth will be waiting for you when you wake up honey, try not to worry :) xxx

Caren said:
im sure your teeth will be waiting for you when you wake up honey, try not to worry :) xxx

Now it is you that have me laugh!!! Years and years ago when I had an operation I made them put the teeth in a plastic bag and had it pinned to my operating gown with a note to recovery nurses to put them back in my mouth the minute I opened my eyes !!!

Back