• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

going out to a restaurant tonight scared I'll eat something & be sick!!

katherineo1

Self Esteem
I am very apprehensive about going to a restaurant tonight for my friends birthday. It would be awful to eat something and be sick:eek:! Up till now I have only had blended food, soup and muller rice. (except for scrambled eggs and then a bit of well chewed chicken which both made my chest nearly explode). I have rang the restaurant, they were very helpful and suggested doing me some seabass , creamed potatoes (mash :D) with a sauce for the main course. Has anyone had problems with fish?? Is it a no no food?? :confused:. The obvious choice for starter is of course soup ... Jesus Ive never panicked about what to choose off a menu before:D

I went out to the firms Christmas lunch, had to go to toilets twice to bring all the lunch back up ............... lol. Nobody noticed though :)

Sorry can't help Katherine but know what you meen as I would be exactly the same. I have just had blended food and am scared stiff of having anything else...but yesturday had some mash and today have had a few spoons of tinned spagettii, which I would never normally eat!! They both where ok.
Seems to have gone down ok up to now.
What happened when you ate the scrambled eggs and chicken, did you feel the effects straight away, and how much did you manage to eat? Also when did you start to feel hunger? I don't feel hungry yet so when I eat I dont really know how much to eat as I don't feel full.
I am dreading going for a meal, let us know how you get on and good luck I am sure you will be fine.

Hi there, what the restaurant have suggested sounds good, seabass is very soft.

Just try not to stress as this can make band tighter.

And if it's any consolation, I was on solids at your stage, from day 7 after the operation (as thats how my surgeon does it) and I have been fine.

Hi Katherine

I am fine with fish but havent had my first fill yet. One of my first 'proper' meals was salmon and mash with green beans. I managed about half the fish and half the mash - none of the veg was far too full.

Just eat very very slowly feed yourself as if you were feeding a toddler. Try a bit of the fish with the sauce and chew it well, the mash will be no problem.

As Caz said dont get yourself worked up but also dont be suprised if you can only eat 1/3 of your meal.

Good luck, relax and enjoy yourself but listen to your band!

Maz x x

hi katherine what the chef has suggested sounds fine, and it shouldnt make you sick, just remember to take your time and do not drink with your meal and all should go smoothly.

good luck

liz x

did it go ok katherine ? did you manage your meal ok ?

Sorry can't help Katherine but know what you meen as I would be exactly the same. I have just had blended food and am scared stiff of having anything else...but yesturday had some mash and today have had a few spoons of tinned spagettii, which I would never normally eat!! They both where ok.
Seems to have gone down ok up to now.
What happened when you ate the scrambled eggs and chicken, did you feel the effects straight away, and how much did you manage to eat? Also when did you start to feel hunger? I don't feel hungry yet so when I eat I dont really know how much to eat as I don't feel full.
I am dreading going for a meal, lhen et us know how you get on and good luck I am sure you will be fine.

I was so scared .. but it was all ok :D.
When I had the scrambled egg and the chicken it was more or less immediate. I definately get hungry though the only time I havent is after the chicken episode .. I was a whole day not eating cos my tummy (or was it chest) felt full.

I went out to the firms Christmas lunch, had to go to toilets twice to bring all the lunch back up ............... lol. Nobody noticed though :)

Aww lol what you like :D thankfully that didnt happen... but I really thought before hand that was how the night might play out. Instead it was perfect.. and I really enjoyed it cheers xx

Hi there, what the restaurant have suggested sounds good, seabass is very soft.

Just try not to stress as this can make band tighter.

And if it's any consolation, I was on solids at your stage, from day 7 after the operation (as thats how my surgeon does it) and I have been fine.

Thanks Caz it was all ok .. maybe now I will start having things a little lumpier lol sooo relieved it was all ok . Cheers x

Hi Katherine

I am fine with fish but havent had my first fill yet. One of my first 'proper' meals was salmon and mash with green beans. I managed about half the fish and half the mash - none of the veg was far too full.

Just eat very very slowly feed yourself as if you were feeding a toddler. Try a bit of the fish with the sauce and chew it well, the mash will be no problem.

As Caz said dont get yourself worked up but also dont be suprised if you can only eat 1/3 of your meal.

Good luck, relax and enjoy yourself but listen to your band!

Maz x x
Hi Maz , exactly right I managed half the fish, half the mash and no veg but it was so nice and I was FULL off a 1/3 rd of the meal !! It felt so good to leave food on the plate lol. Cheers maz x

did it go ok katherine ? did you manage your meal ok ?

Hi Liz, It went superb.. all that worrying for nothing :eek: . I ate about half the soup(declined the bread roll) then ate the sea bass but not the veg and a little of the mash , then declined the desert but had coffee and 'treats'. I was soo full off so little .. Its a miricle lol:D . x

Hi Maz , exactly right I managed half the fish, half the mash and no veg but it was so nice and I was FULL off a 1/3 rd of the meal !! It felt so good to leave food on the plate lol. Cheers maz x

Glad you enjoyed it Katherine! x

Back