• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

good news at last! glad to be here :)

starshaped

I've had a right ordeal getting my surgery approved, as I was diagnosed as being bulimic, I had to prove for over two years that I was able to control my binge/purging behaviour and steadily lose weight over this time. I have lost about 60lbs in the last couple of years, which has been a slooooow process, but I am actually about 7 stone lighter than my heaviest weight which I was at about 4 years ago.

I have had my funding approved and have seen the surgeon who will be carryin out the surgery, and I am very excited to get things moving. I am realistic about what the surgery will and wont sort out, I have suffered with mental health issues for most of my life- this was also something that has had to be relatively stable in order to get the go ahead. I have had several psych evaluations to get to this point, and have had to get a specific psych evaluation to fight against the damning one that the eating disorder psychiatrist (who had never met me) sent to the bariatric team in Birmingham where I live. I have a number of health probs associated with obesity, I have severe sleep apnoea which I have a cpap machine for, I am diabetic (type 2), for which I am on insulin, victoza and gliclizide, I have mobility issues, and I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. It is very difficult to get around and I am very ashamed of that. I am 32 years old and feel like an disabled old lady, so this surgery is something that I am really looking forward to... I know a lot of people say they will be getting their lives back, well I never had a life.... My weight has ALWAYS held me back, but I am a LOT better in my eating habits now and (I dont know if I mentioned this already :p) but I am really excited to take the next step!!!

I have been given the pre op information and decided which pre op diet to follow, I was given a few to choose from, and now I am just waiting for the go ahead so I can start on the shakes and get ready for the big day!

I have some reservations of course, which I think is only natural for going through any surgery particularly when my weight is so high, as the risks are hugely increased, as Im sure you are all well aware of :) but I know it is the best option for me at this point.

Oh yeah and my weight at the last weigh in was 171kg

thanks for having me on here :)

Lucy xx

Hi Lucy

What a time of it you've had xx

I hope you get your date soon xx

Hi Lucy and welcome to the site :) Well done you for managing to get your eating disorder under control in order to get your surgery - and for managing to shed seven stone on your own. Doesn't sound like you are too far away from a date and you can soon get on with living the life you haven't yet had ;) Best of luck x x

Hi Lucy, best of luck lovely whateva op you have am sure it will be a great tool for your use to help you beat some of yiour medical problems that are keeping you debilitated. Stick in girl you'll get there xx

Hi and welcome. I am really pleased for you that you got your op, hope all goes well for you.

Hiya, wanted to say a big well done! You are clearly a strong and determined lady. I have some personal understanding of binge/purge behaviours, and I am 100% sure that they can be overcome.

Hune well done for getting Where u are now. It must Have been a real battle you Have done so well to get Where u are now Wishing you loads of luck keep us posted.

Back