• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got a funny 'lump'

voodoo

Hi I had my surgery 7/7/11 and where (I think) my port is I can feel a vertical swelling/hardness 1" down from my breastbone going down 4" and 1 1/2" wide, anyone know WTF it is? :confused:I'm getting quite worried that they left an instrument or 'something' in there!:eek: Otherwise I'm doing fine, well apart from lots of trapped wind (still) and indigestion. BTW I had it done at THG. (they NEVER answered calls to the bariatric nurse)
xxx sharon

If you are worried at all give the team a call, my port is prominent but not that big x

Thanks Mazza, feel a bit embarrassed ringing them in case it was normal, I will ring them in a minute & see what they say, IF they bllody answer their phones! lol
xxx sharon

sounds like swelling around the port, you may be able to feel the fill line as well coming down from the port, just typical of THG not answering calls........ their after care is shocking, when did you have your band put in ? if it was recently it will most likley just be port trauma where its been stitched in and settling x

Thanks Liz, I only had it done last Thursday (7th July) it didn't seem that big before but as the swelling is going down it seems more noticeable, I did wonder if it was the port & line but if it is it will STICK out when I've lost another stone or two; considering I need to lose about NINE ; I'm worried I'll look like an ALIEN. Yep THG are FAB til you get it done then..well I feel abandoned. They were supposed to call me yesterday but I ended up calling & waiting to be rung back then calling AGAIN and waiting before they rang me!
I've been ringing every few minutes and no one is answering, if I get no joy I'll have to ring my local clinic rather than the bariatric nurse.
xxxx sharon
ps there isn't any real discomfort

After calling THG ALL LAST WEEK,:mad: every 5-10 mins I gave up & rang my local clinic. Literally 10 minutes after they promised a call from the nurses they rang, I have to go into my local clinic for a check-up Thursday morning. The nurse I spoke to sounded pretty suprised at the size of my lump:eek: but made me feel less worried coz there's no 'oozing' (ICK!) redness or soreness. My hubby & I were joking that maybe an instument had been left in me:eek: & that a case brought against them would cover a tummy tuck, arm lift & boob uplift! ;)Hope it is nothing, cross your fingers for me please.
xxxxx sharon

Julie I'm not too bad at all thanks. I'm REALLY wanting to eat more 'chewy' foods, I had a bit of garlic chicken from Sunday's dinner but spat it out after chewing it a bit. I'm going to do a bit of Rosemary Conley's 'salsacise' DVD and see how I go, I'm doing quite a bit of walking too. How are you?
xxxx sharon

Hi Sharon,
im doing fine thanks. ive been to the hospital today, seen the surgeon who is very happy with my recovery and is going to book my first fill.
then i met with the dietician, lost 4lb in the last 2 weeks which is better than i thought, and she has moved me onto the next stage which means i can CHEW !! just eaten some chicken, it was divine lol.
i have been swimming a few times since my wounds have healed which is positive too.
keep up the good work
julie xxxxxx

Julie NO CHICKEN!!! PLEASE don't torture me, lol! I get to have soft stuff like mashed spuds as of tomorrow! Woohoo! Bought lots of Admiral's pies which were on offer at Morrisons ready.
I'm getting a bit worried about tomorrow- seeing about my 'lump' the more I feel it, the more I think it's 'something' they left behind. It is rock hard, long and tube shaped, I don't know whether to hope it is something they left coz I will sue them (it might pay for a good holiday etc) or that it's nothing, just a swelling. I'm scared they will have to operate again and I'll have to be sore & not mobile again, though at the moment I can't bend anyway, it feels like it's going to pop out of my wound. Sorry for going on, no one really inderstands unless they've had an op like ours.
xxxxx sharon
ps WTG on the loss!

I really hope they have not left something behind.....but then if you get a holiday out of it!!! no i still hope they haven't.
no chewing has been torturous, and you have my sincere understanding on that. people were laughing at me when i was excited to be eating pasta!!!
i hope you got on ok at your appointment tomorrow, let us know the verdict.
and enjoy your fish pie
take care
Julie xx

The nurse told me it was SCAR TISSUE! :confused:As I'm only two weeks post op she said I'm doing too much, no exercise, no mowing the lawn or much bending! :mad:I'm bored! Thanks for your kindness btw! :)I lost 1lb this week, but it's a total of 16lbs down:D, 10 being pre-op diet. How are you doing?
xxxx sharon

Back