• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gravitas Locations

BarbaraG

Researching potential providers, I have so far narrowed it down to WLS Group (Sheffield - Mr Ackroyd) or Healthier Weight (Birmingham), but even the nearer of these (Sheffield) is 50 minutes away.

I've now come across the website for Gravitas, which says they have locations in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, which may be nearer to me depending on the exact location - which they don't give! Can anyone enlighten me? Also, has anyone used Gravitas, and what did you think of them?

Barbara

Hi, my surgeon was Mr Ackroyd & I cannot recommend him highly enough :) I would take a surgeons track record & reputation over distance if I were you & just research the Gravitas surgeons as much as you can. Good Luck, honey xxx :)

Hi Barbara,

I went with Mr Ackroyd and WLS and I live in Peterborough which is Cambridgeshire!

For me it was so important to get a surgeon with an outstanding rep.

WLS were very good with me, they allowed me to have my pre-op on the day of the op, they posted the MRSA swabs out two weeks prior all to save me travelling when I didn't have to. I also arranged to stay for the maximum amount of days allowed to be certain of being in good health for the trek back.

Hope this helps.

Julie xx

What op are you wanting? Since banders require monthly fills so you have to keep going back so distance is key particularly when they only have 1 day per month you can go to at a location!

I'm another mr ackroyd survivor! The man did good!!! :) x

What op are you wanting? x

I'm favouring the sleeve, but am willing to listen to the advice of the experts. Have to say that the need for repeated band adjustments is one of the things against a band in my thinking. Also potential difficulty with specific foods - sleevers seem to have fewer things they can't eat than people who've had the other ops.

Barbara

I'm eating everything have to admit just in smaller sizes.....but only you can make your mind up!! xx

I have booked by Op with Mr Ackroyd on 6th March in Sheffield through WLS. I rang Gravitas to ask how much the op was and was told £5950. When the info pack arrived the cost was actually based on your BMI. My BMI is 45 and would have cost £6950. I chose WLS in the end because I wanted Mr Ackroyd and have only paid £5750.

Same as me then..you won't be disappointed with either Claremont hosp, mr ackroyd or the aftercare xxx

i had mr kerrigan at murrayfield spire on the wirral , they also have one in blackpool,i couldn't fault Gravitas at all but did have them on NHS so didn't pay :) i had a room on my own and en suite toilet the staff were fantastic and surgeon came every morning to check how i was etc great care from the team all the way xx

i had mr kerrigan at murrayfield spire on the wirral , they also have one in blackpool,i couldn't fault Gravitas at all but did have them on NHS so didn't pay :) i had a room on my own and en suite toilet the staff were fantastic and surgeon came every morning to check how i was etc great care from the team all the way xx

I have to agree with Angie xx Although my surgeon was Mr Javed @ Murrayfeild , the staff were fantastic - couldnt fault them at all :)

Back