• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Grumblin Tum

novamay

Born Free
Is it supposed to sound like a blocked sink? The grumblin tum starts when I'm eating or drinking so I don't know if its because its getting full, or if its emptying... or if its the new pouch or old stomach or both... I'm just making so many strange gurgles and churning sounds and its SOOOOO LOUD my hubs can hear it in the next room! :eek:

I have a sleeve, and mine does it all day, all night. It does it before food, after food and during. Can get pretty noisy too!

Its quite funny at times with the odd noises it makes, some make me LOL. However embarassing in meetings at work - I turn a deaf ear to it, pretend I've not noticed it and dismiss any suggestions its me! Did I hear what? *gargle growl splutter burpy noise* what noise? Haha

aye, I'll have to learn the shorthand outlines for those noises for when I'm minuting meetings!

Yes I have it too all tha time especially when I lie flat on my side in bed. Sometimes just when I am resting as well just sitting or lying on my back. Sometimes when I have eaten or just drank if I take deep bresths can feel it as if its opening and squirting the fluid down the tube that was where my tum was. It is strange and noisy, I am 18 months now and still have all that. Makes me giggle when folks look around to see whats happening. haha xx

Colleagues & students can hear mine some are ppl its enough to act as if they can't hear it, others especially one student make pointed comments such as what's that noise? Sometimes I'm mad enough to tell it to be quiet its been fed so stop being so noisy, it at least gets a laugh if anyone's around.
I assume its mainly food going through the pipes & tubes on its way out but it can be embarrassing in a quiet room when it starts to grumble,growl & rumble away.

Sometimes my gurgles sound like Frankie Howard...LOL. I'd say it's your tummy filling up. I'd like to think that things will settle and quiet down after a while, but it looks like the gurgles are here to stay.

The gurgles tend to happen after mealtimes, so once back to work I may have to guage my mealtimes more carefully. To avoid the dreaded sounds, as I share an office.

Back