• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gutted, hospital have cancelled my op

morph

because my consultant is going to India and so won't be here to do my op. I was due to have my op on 22nd Feb. I am so, so disappointed, I'm a lone parent so had arranged for my parents to look after my kids. I had to go for Feb 22nd as that date suited them best.

The next date I can have my op is now 15th March, not sure I can get my parents to have the kids then as they have their own commitments. Surely my consultant knew he would be away?

I just want this done now.

You would have thought that they would plan a holiday in around operations! They surely must know how much these ops mean to people!!

Sorry to hear this!

aww what bad news, I hope that it all works out ok, I know many people had their ops cancelled early on January due to the snow and they were heartbroken.
Good luck with new date x

I'm so sorry to hear your op's been cancelled. I had mine cancelled in January because of the snow, but to have your op cancelled because the surgeon is away is just beyond frustrating! I can understand your heartbreak and frustration and hope that the time passes for you quickly and that you get everything you need organised.

I've asked if any of the other consultants at the Nuffield can fit me in at a similar time, just waiting to hear back to see if they can. I am on holiday the week before the 22nd, and I am really reluctant to change that as we're going with friends who I don't want to disappoint.

Really sorry to hear this, my op was also cancelled, due to the surgeon giving up surgery:rolleyes:Had it a month later though:DHope you get sorted soon x:D

I was under the impression they had to give a certain amount of notice. Only thing i could imagine is that maybe its some kind of family emergency....

That doesn't help you though does it! You must be so disappointed especially as you've juggled things with your parents... Fingers crossed you get a different surgeon xxx

Ah, really sorry to hear that they have cancelled your op. Hope you manage to get child care sorted out for the 15th March

sorry to hear the bad news, i had mine cancelled on the day of my op and my other half had taken time off work to be about just in case so she wasted a weeks holiday.
On the plus side the alternative date will come soon enough it did for me and as i have said before another few weeks will shoot by im sure.

I UNDERSTAND YOUR DISAPOINTMENT, it's heart breaking isn't it.
I had mine cancelled in jan, it was supposed to be on the 7th and my new date is feb 16th, so i'm still waiting. Did the milk diet over xmas and new year aswell:cry:.
good luck with getting you a new date. sue.

Oh, that's so disappointing. You never know, sometimes these things end up working out for the better. If that makes sense!

im the same my original op was cancelled because the doc had to take leave b4 he lost it! and then again because the surgeon got a last min booking! i was deverstated! hope u can take the 15th thou as its not too long after 2 wait xx

Back