• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had a setback

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
I really thought I was succeeding in dealing with my emotional eating. I thought I was finally conquering it but obviously not. My husband and I had a silly disagreement the other night and as soon as he fell asleep I wandered downstairs and proceeded to eat peanut butter straight from the jar. And it totally calmed me down.

I know if I don't get this under control no surgery will fix me. How do we get over the emotional eating?

Hiya

can totally relate to you. I am a year out, and although "better" mentally, I still have the ocassional blip. I am having some therapy, but still havent quite got it under control, but am much better than I was. I think you have to look at it as a process. I have always been an emotional eater, but will gradually defeat this. I suppose it is like other bad habits, for example drinking or smoking, you would struggle to stop those overnight, but if you are determined to do it, you can, it just takes a bit of time.
Take care and good luck with this.

MNL:)

Hi FC

Sorry to hear you had an emo-moment with food.

I would (for now) put a note on the fridge door and just inside the cupboard where you keep the goodies (or badies as they should be called) to remind you 'NO EMO_FOOD'.

Hope this helps

(((hugs)))

Bless you FL. If only life was that easy to be able to stop doing everything thats bad for us eh? Unfortunately its not so we have to deal with these emotional moments.I think the psych appointments that some peeps have to attend before surgery are a good way to help you get through these moments.If you have'nt already seen one then it may be a good idea just to have a word with them. Either that or tell hubby not to argue with you just yet!! Good luck and you will get there sweetheart, honestxxx

Last edited:
it's happened now, so don't beat yourself up over it, we all have these setbacks, look we know deep down that after an argument or whatever food (in honesty) ain't the solution, but it makes us feel good, i could say, don't buy peanut butter, cos if you don't have it you can't eat it, but that's not the answer, it'll get easier, altho in small amounts peanut butter is good for you, due to it's high fat content, i'm guessing post op it'd go thro you like a dose of salts....so that'd stop you...but anyways, i'll now get my coat, as i've rambled enough ;)

FL..I have done exactly the same in the past and also suspect will have the urge now I'm post op...I guess it's the body's way AND mind of just keeping you on your guard...Gradually YOU CAN re-train both and for the record I would have hit the old peanut butter as well by the spoon-full....Move on and just record how did you exactly feel once you had consumed it?????????? perhaps next time it wont happen....
Regards
Mark

You all are the best. I knew the people here would get what I was talking about. From now on, I am just not going to even have these things in the house. It is just too much temptation for me at this point.

Hi FL,

The weight management clinic I went to at Heartlands the other day is for exactly what your going through along with several other things. It's alot like a councelling class. They are held on a monthly basis. Why not ask your local gp if they have one local that you could attend?

I'm an emotional eater also, I can eat a whole bar of chocolate (humungous ones) in one go or a packet of biscuits when i'm feeling low. I have banned these and all things sweet and savoury from our shopping list so I can't have them, instead I will have a options hot chocolate to cure the crave or go and take a shower.

I keep telling myself "no" I can't eat this and that if I want this opp! Put a picture on the fridge door of yourself or even in the fridge.

Maybe get a exercise bike and take your frustration out on that?

I know it's easier said than done, we all have our weakness. x

Back