• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my pre-op appt letters!

tesmaralda

Lorna Firstly I am really sorry to hear your news its really bad how they can yes one minute and then withdraw it. I don't really know what else to say other than, you can still opt for walsall manor as under the rules called 'patient choise' you can choose the hospital you want to be treated under. Once you find out the reasons as you say it will be easier to put a plan of action together also get them to put the reasons in writing so that you have it in black and white and it should make it easier to put together evidence that you do meet the criteria and they can't then move the goal posts at a later date.

Sambucca

Oh My God Lorna, that is just the worst news. I'm so sorry for you hun, you must be devestated after such a long wait.

I don't know what advice to give you, other than don't give up. Do you know others from same PCT who have been given funding?

I fear that you may be right, it might be an end of year thing... or it couldn't possibly be walsall messing things around so you dont go outside of their waiting list times could it????

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Oh no what a nightmare! Can you write a letter to go with the WM fax listing your co-morbidities and your efforts so far?

chivasgirl

I do have a letter I prepared a long time ago in readiness for rejection for funding, as the criteria as told to me by the PCT (BMI over 50 for any funding) made me think I'd have to fight for it on the grounds of them not using NICE guidelines. Of course then the hospital said they don't have any problems funding, and then Tracy said that I met the criteria according to what she had in front of her, and then I actually had the funding!!!

I hope there isn't an element of the hospital putting it off to make sure I don't breach waiting lists, but as the PCT have refused the funding, I don't think that is the case. Tracy was very helpful. I am going to try to speak to Kim, Dr Hartland's secretary, today, to ask if now would be the time to include my own letter or whether to wait for the result of the exceptional cases panel once Dr Hartland and Mr Khan have had their try.

I am mightily peeeeeeeeeed off yes, upset about it of course, but have so much work to do I can't even think about it too much at the moment.

The only saving grace is that with any delay it means I may as well look at getting our puppy sooner rather than later, as I don't want to be hanging round this time next year saying we could have a year old dog by now, all trained and lovely and integrated into our household!

waynetta

I'm on the losers Rd.
How awful, why give you appointments? I don't know what to say, cuz I would be in bits. I wish you luck with your appeal and will keep everything crossed for you Lorna. xxxxx

tendersage

its so hard to know what to say, i would be majorly p@@@ed off as well especially as they HAD given you funding. It would be a good idea to ask what had changed for them to recind the funding as well as appeal it will help you put together your fight plan