• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op appointment to surgery.

The wifey

Hello everyone,
my hubby is on the list for a gastric sleeve at Salford. Today we got letters to attend for pre op & anaesthetic appt, both on 31st March.
Do you have any idea how long is average time after pre op to op ? I am worried as we have a holiday booked for end of May.

Personally I would think 3 months after op for a holiday would be better after a sleeve.

Hi niccie, thank you for your comments, I can see you also had Mr Ammori for your sleeve procedure.

Do you have any idea how long the average wait is after pre op?

I would say three to four months. Xx

I think the wait from pre op to op probably varies across the country and your best bet might be to phone and ask the surgeon's secretary what the current wait is in your hospital.

My op (bypass) was in Stoke and for me it was just over 2 weeks from pre op to op. I remember being asked during the pre op if there were any dates when I would be unable to attend for surgery - I said I could go any time as by that point I was desperate to get it done! I think I got in slightly early as there was a cancellation but even without that I would have been in within 4 weeks.

I agree with Niccie that I'd wait least 3 months post-op before taking a holiday, although it depends on the type of holiday, how much travelling is involved and how much flexibility there is at meal times.

Good luck to your husband!
Potter x

Thank you,
we (I say we as we are in it together & I want to keep him!)we have emailed the secretary to say what dates we go on holiday, it really is a wrench as ordinarily we would cancel the holiday, however we are going to Spain for 5 days to visit a relative with a life limiting illness. My hubby is also desperate to have the op, but we also know we must make the visit.
Going to call on Monday to accept any cancelation that may arise.

I would like to say that looking at your info, you are all making great progress, we find it very encouraging, well done!:)

I went privately so picked my date. He's a super surgeon, glad your husband him. I'd say at 3 months you could cope on a holiday, 4 months would be easier. Could you go before op? X

Back