• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair Loss ... please help ?

Sorry for the random and gross picture of my hair ... But I am seriously panicking about this now ... This is what I lose every time I wash my hair and its coming away loads inbewteen washes. It's been happening now for about 6 weeks or so. When will this stop? I'm taking hair, skin and nail vitamins on top of my normal a-z vitamin and I'm using a caffeine shampoo. I just don't what else to do ?

ForumRunner_20150129_165906.jpg

How long is it since you had surgery? I found that mine dropped out until I got over a year post op. It still comes a bit but growing all the time. Best to keep a short style if ya can then it can keep getting trimmed to encourage growth also. x

How long is it since you had surgery? I found that mine dropped out until I got over a year post op. It still comes a bit but growing all the time. Best to keep a short style if ya can then it can keep getting trimmed to encourage growth also. x

It's 4 months since surgery. If this carries on until the 1 year point I'll be bauld ????

Four months seems a very common timescale for others, it kicks in a 4 months,mlasts a few months then starts to grow back. Thankfully i have been ok but i lose at least what you have in your hand everytime I wash my hair and have done since I was a child. It must be quite scary when clumps are coming out but i believe it does stop.
Others will offer further advice im sure but that clump looks like what a lot have described.

Four months seems a very common timescale for others, it kicks in a 4 months,mlasts a few months then starts to grow back. Thankfully i have been ok but i lose at least what you have in your hand everytime I wash my hair and have done since I was a child. It must be quite scary when clumps are coming out but i believe it does stop.
Others will offer further advice im sure but that clump looks like what a lot have described.

Thank you. I've just never experienced that much hair loss when washing it. I'm blow drying it now and I'm covered in hair!! It just doesn't seem to let up.

I'm at the doctors tomorrow to ask for blood tests for my thyroid as I am border line under active ... I've been told thyroid problems are a cause of hair loss too. X

I'm afraid there's nothing you can do to stop it from happening,you just have to go with it.
No amount of vitamins,shampoos will stop it either...the hair is protein so make sure you get enough of it daily.
Tangle teezer brush is kinder and gentle on your hair when brushing,and try thickner shampoo/conditioner.
It will stop eventually..it's a price we have to pay for these operations x

Sorry for the random and gross picture of my hair ... But I am seriously panicking about this now ... This is what I lose every time I wash my hair and its coming away loads inbewteen washes. It's been happening now for about 6 weeks or so. When will this stop? I'm taking hair, skin and nail vitamins on top of my normal a-z vitamin and I'm using a caffeine shampoo. I just don't what else to do ?

Yep! I am experiencing this too. Mine can be even bigger piles at a time!! Scary i know!!!

But everyone keep saying its temporary...

I was told there is no way to prevent it. Just take the vitamins recomended by your team (depending on surgery) and have plenty of protein and water.

Back