• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hair loss

liggielass

sally ann
has any one experienced hair loss, and if anyone has how are they stopping it ,, and if you havent how do you think you prevented it,, im trying to get in all my protein and taking biotin im only 4 wks post op so havent experienced anything up to now but dont want to ,, so sharing tips and experiences will help us all xxxx:confused:

Hi threre is not much u cam do for it I'm 5 half months out and mine is still coming out
I've tried hair supplements but nothing happened still the same it does stop after bout year or so that's wat Ive been told
Goog luck on ur journey and if u need anyother help let me know xxx

I asked my surgeon about this and he also said nothing you can do to prevent it. If you do experience thinning if your hair it is only temporary and not everyone is effected.

I've had my hair cut short with longer layers on top which my hairdresser said will hopefully hide any thinning. If it happens it happens. It's only temporary. I've seen quite a few people at my support group wearing thick headbands or scarves so I guess it's quite common.

Im experiencing hairloss now,theres nothing you can do about it.As said not everyone gets it and some only lightly.Mines quite heavy loss at present,hair all over my clothes and the floor,even in the washing machine!The dietician said it will start to thicken up again at about 9 months.

Protein is essential, however it does get better. Ensure you're taking the supplements and not to be boring, but always protien before carbs - carbs won't help regrowth only give you energy!! Plus you feel more full for longer on protien.

Im looking forward to that part i have none left on my head so hopefully il lose it of my back and shoulders:8855:

How long after surgery does hairloss usually happen?

Mine started falling out around the 5 to 6 month mark.having pony tails etc pulls on it and makes it worse. Mine stopped at about 10 months it did go really thin but now is growing back lovely and thick.
Nowt you ccan do about it tho sorry I know it is heartbreaking coz it was for me

Jo
xx

Back