• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair Loss :(

I'm not sorry you found my post rude, it was intentional as I found your post quite rude. I never claimed my opinion was above and beyond any specific medical journal, quite the opposite in fact. What I did say was that I've been there and done it. And have not only my experience to comment on, but the experience of my friends here and elsewhere plus the experience of my bariatric dietician. And like I pointed out, I had done my research. Bariatrics is still a bit of mystery to the experts and none of them agree. That's why forums like this are so valuable. My tuppence still is don't waste your time. Your choice whether you take the advice or not.

Actually zinc worked for me when I had hair loss from Cambridge diet. I decided to use it from research I had done online. I also used horse shampoo. Lols. Think different things work for different ppl x

Another thing from previously when I've been on a very low cal diet and lost lot of weight it does eventually stabilise once ur body gets used to the less calories and vitamin deficiencies and hair does grow back. That's what u found anyways. Might've different for others :)

I thought when you start loosing a lot of weight, there is some temporary hormonal imbalance and that causes the hair loss. (at least that's what I was told at lighter life). It should settle on its own, after a while. But as some poster pointed out, hair loss can be caused by many different things, such as lack of some minerals in the body (either not getting it enough through food or the body needs more and is redirecting it elsewhere).

By the way, I am also feeling very sensitive to cold (and this current weather is not helping!)

I still malting bit I've found that redken antisnap, basically protein for your hair really helped slow it down and has made it less fragile.

I have been taking zinc for last 3 months and still hair falling out daily, I'm 6 months post op now and have less than 1/2 the hair I had before. I have always had lots of hair and wasn't worried about the hair loss, but it's so disheartening to see a handful come out almost daily for he last couple of months, I really hope it stops soon.

I'm getting my hair shorn tomorrow as a preventative. I have ridiculously thick hair and my hairdresser friend despairs that I insist on keeping it short for my convenience, but this time she accepts that I want it to be as low-maintenance as possible and if it's going to fall, I'd rather it was on short hair than long, if that makes sense... I'm also going to go darker for a bit, as the bleach can already damage it so no point in adding to its stress! I'm going to miss my multi-coloured hair though, I got used to people smiling at me!

Back