• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hair loss

julieann

I know that there have been previous threads about hair loss with bypassers, but my question is have any banders suffered hair loss as i have noticed that my hair seemed to be getting thinner, but was really shocked when i washed my hair this morning at how much came out in the shower!!! I have tried to find the past threads as to what supplements you guys used and cant seem to find them. Any help and advice would be much appreciated as i am now absolutely paranoid about losing anymore as my hair is pretty fine anyway! julie:cry::cry::cry:

Hiya - My doctor has told me to expect this, and when the thinning starts - to take selenium- you can get this at health food stores and on prescription from your doctor - hope this helps!

Sally x

Hi Julieann - i've not had my op yet but sometimes when someone has had surgery the trauma from it can cause some hair loss. My friend had 2 major op's 12mths apart and she suffered with hair loss she took advice from her GP and now her hair is beautiful and in the best condition i have ever seen it in and i've known her for 23yrs.

So i don't think it is long term - hope this helps you a little x

yup my barnets dropping out as well, i dont know what to take for it. :eek: to my husbands horror he got a hair in his dinner :eek:

:copon:i refuse to wear a hair net lol, most of seems to come out after a shower.

hi i had the same prop after my bypass i take asda's hair skin and nail supplemants and with in a week my hair stopped falling out and my nails started to grow which was a + sarah x x

My thinned out to but seems to be recovering a little, but then I also think it's my age as well. ;)

Its all part of the process and it does get better.

Hiya - My doctor has told me to expect this, and when the thinning starts - to take selenium- you can get this at health food stores and on prescription from your doctor - hope this helps!

Sally x

Thanks for the replies, do you know how much selenium is to buy and are they easy to swallow?

My thinned out to but seems to be recovering a little, but then I also think it's my age as well. ;)

Its all part of the process and it does get better.

I did wonder if my age had anything to do with it, just dont like the thought of getting old and isnt it typical as i was always on the bigger side in my younger years i never bothered with myself, now im actually taking care and interest in how i look now the weight is coming off, its just my luck i'll end up bald!!! ha ha!

I shall find the letter from the surgeon and get back to you....

ok heres what Mr Ammori my surgeon says " Some 10% of patients may experience hair loss during the first 6 months after surgery; this could be corrected with oral zinc (Solbazinc 1 tab 125 mgs in water tds) and selenium (Selenium tablem 200-400 microgramms daily) for a six month period"

Hope this helps

Sally xx

Back