• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair loss

teen

post op loser
What the best thing for hair loss and dont say a wig lolol.

Since my op I seem to be loosing more hair than normal

I have had bloods done and they are fine. What could I take to try slow the loss down

Thanx all

Most surgeons recommend selenium and zinc supplements, as a lack of these is generally the main cause. You can get selenase solution and zincasol effervescent tablets prescribed by your GP.

Personally though, I found riding it out just as effective! I'm now 8 1/2 months post op and the loss is not at all noticable. My hairs a bit thinner than it used to be but better than when it first started at 3 months post op.

Glad to hear that the loss will slow down

Thanx Shell Going Dr's in the morning so will ask about that

teen i too am losing hair at great knotts, i run my fingers through and it comes away with about a dozwn hairs each time, however it doesnt look thin as its just my body reajusting itself, yours too will be doing this and it will settle down

OMG !!!! my hair is falling out in clumps, it`s horrific.Been taking zinc and selenium since my op in Nov, but hasn`t made an iota of difference. had it cut into a bob last week to thicken it up, but looks like crap. worst thing is i`m losing it at the temples where it`s really noticeable. Grim. Going to have to sport a rather fetching comb- over, a la Donald Trump,if i`m not careful soon ! Heeeelp !

mine has slowed down but is also in better condition since i started on the zinc and selenium just over a month a go.
my loss too was more noticable at the temples

I don't claim to know a thing about Surgical Weight Loss, in terms of what you can and can't eat, before and after, but many moons ago when I was on WW, sugar free jelly was a lifesaver for many to make lovely trifles etc or just to drink as a hot fruit drink.

Because gelatine is pure protein, most people (after quite a short time) noticed their hair and particularly nails were much stronger. Maybe worth a go. Good Luck :)

while sugar free jelly is fine, its empty food as there is very very little nutritional goodness to it.

I am talking donkeys years ago, so maybe it was the proper stuff in the cubes. Gelatin deffo has some protein in it. We used to fight over the cubes as kids, like square gummy bears!

Yes gelitine helps to keep hair thicker and in condition, and even though the sugar free is empty calories it also counts as fluid as basicly thats all it is, so a sugar free jelly each day could replace a drink

Back