• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Harley Q's Diary

Harley_Q

This week my husband has finally agreed to let me have a gastric band fitted, I think he can see just how desperate things are for me. I'm approaching 30, I'm over 25 stone, we can't have children at the moment because of my weight, I've been dieting since I was young and I've never been that successful. It's now or never for me really.

After so much research I've decided to pay a little extra and go to my local spire and I'm hoping that I will be able to have my consultation and op within the next month or so. Due to work I either have to have in now or wait until November

I'll be honest though, I'm really frightened about spending that amount of money, about it not working, about it going wrong, about me not being able to make it work, having saggy skin.

Hello Harley, and welcome! I think we all have those fears. Do as much research as you can, be honest with yourself and the people you speak to at Spire, and I hope all will go smoothly:)

Good luck Harley!

I am in similar position to you and recently decided to fund privately, hard decision to pay all that money out but as Sarah said, you your research and speak to the docs.

I called booked consultation the following week and was booked in for 23 August for gastric band, so around 7weeks which I thought was pretty good! But you may get sooner if larger provider, I wanted a specific hospital and set docs so I'm happy for 7weeks as I have to lose a little weight and do a pre op!

Xx

I have my consultation on 28th so 11 days! I don't think I will get it in time before work gets busy so will prob be October but at least the balls rolling!

Back