• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confused and unsure

Rebirth

Hi all, After finally working out how to post on the site my first post was under the weight loss section instead of surgical weight loss. I need to decide whether to have my gastric bypass in the Spire hospital or Salford as the PCT will be deciding whether to fund my op tomorrow. The only Surgeon I've heard anything about is Dr Ammori who seems to work at both hospitals. Could any of you tell me where you had your operations and did you feel you made the right choice? Are the pre/post op and follow up care as good at the Spire as it appears to be at Salford. How long did you have to wait for your op once funding was agreed? Is Dr Ammori the best surgeon in this area (I live in Trafford). I wish there was more information about the doctors who do the operation in Salford and the Spire. Sorry for rabbiting on. I have so many questions.

Hi and welcome to minimins and the surgical weight loss section. I will try to answer your questions if I can.

Could any of you tell me where you had your operations and did you feel you made the right choice?

I was never given an option as to where I had my surgery, I feel under Salford PCT and so I was sent to Salford Royal for my surgery. I am very happy with the care I received there so I think I was lucky to have that hopsital chosen for me.

Are the pre/post op and follow up care as good at the Spire as it appears to be at Salford.

I don't personally know how the care is at Spire, I have heard a few people have had surgery there and I don't remember any complaints. I believe that Spire is a private hospital (am I right?) which has perks such as TV, private room, en suite so it may be a consideration for you since you have your choice.

How long did you have to wait for your op once funding was agreed?

I wasn't advised when I received my funding so I can't really answer this portion of the question. However I do come in contact with pre-ops through the support group and I know they are told 18 weeks from funding approval to surgery. Really don't know if it shakes out that way but it seems to be the guideline at Salford.

Is Dr Ammori the best surgeon in this area (I live in Trafford).

I absolutely believe that Dr. Ammori is most fantastic surgeon! He has an undeniable record of excellence with somewhere around 1000 bariatric surgeries under his belt. He is well respected and is also a nice chap, he has a lovely demeanor. You can't go wrong with having him as your surgeon, he has a big fan club on this site due to his great work.

Hope that helps you!
Nic:D

Thanks so much for the info Phatgirl I was begining to think no one in this thread would respond. I had originally posted in the weight loss support forum and can no longer find my entry, it appears to have been removed, which is a shame as there were some helpful replies there. Thanks for answering my questions.

Yours is one of the stories I have found inspirational, although I must say there are so many on this site. Just to let you know I found out that the PCT has approved my funding and have referred me to Mr Ammori at the Spire. I feel surprisingly relaxed when I thought I would be panicking.

Thanks again Phatgirl

Rebirth

Hi Rebirth,

To find your posts click on your name above your avatar and a menu will drop down and on it, it will say find more posts by Rebirth. Click on it and it will bring you to this page...

http://www.minimins.com/search.php?searchid=2057090

All your posts are here and the name of the forums you have posted in.

If you go into your UserCP on the Blue Bar you will see all the threads you have posted on.

Here is a link to help you make your way around please read.

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

Also you will get some more detailed information here MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum - FAQ

If you need any help please ask.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks a lot for the info Mini.

HiYa Rebirth,
First of all I want to appologise for not responding before now, I must have miss your post somehow, although I haven't been online much this week due to having a horrible toothache & been feeling really sorry for myself lol.
Anyways I wanted to welcome you to minis, You will love it here and get lots of helpfull friendly advice.
I just read you have now been approved and have been referred to Mr Amorri, so well done, Mr Amorri is such a fantastic and very well know surgeon and he done my bypass, but I went private so i can't answer your other questions, But you won't go wrong with him.
Hope you get a date very soon and good luck on your weightloss journey.

Thanks FGS. Hope you are feeling a little better now.

Rebirth

Hiya hun, how are you doing? I haven't seen you posting much lately just wanted to make sure you are okay.

Nic;)

Hiya honey

Hope you had a great holiday. Looking forward to meeting up with you again on 9 September andmaybe you will have a date by then. Take care XXX

Hi, I had a great holiday with dad and the family despite the changeable weather. We only managed to get to the beach once due to rain, wind and cold. However, we had a great time doing other things and dad really enjoyed watching the girls enjoying themselves.

I have actually started to tackle the mound of ironing that was left prior to and following the holiday. My next step will be to clean the house so that I won't feel so ashamed if people come to visit. The girls and I have cleared out some clothes and toys which we took to the church fete. For once I didn't bring back as much as I took.

Back