• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anybody heard anything from wanna-be-a-yummy-mummy (Kate)

Hi Everybody
Has anybody heard how Kate is she got her surgery yesterday . I hope everything went well for her , she was getting home today .
Take care .
Margaret xx

Hi Margaret, I got home today and feel like I have been run over by a bus, I have an awful pain down my left side and my shoulder is killing me, Im sleeping quite a bit, im sure this is all normal

I am finding it very hard to keep taking fluids, im just not in the mood for them at all, God I hope this all eases very soon I couldn't cope with another couple of days feeling like this, I get my children back tomorrow and hubby is back to work on Tuesday...dreading it

Someone please tell me this will get better SOON :cry:

Hi Margaret, I got home today and feel like I have been run over by a bus, I have an awful pain down my left side and my shoulder is killing me, Im sleeping quite a bit, im sure this is all normal

I am finding it very hard to keep taking fluids, im just not in the mood for them at all, God I hope this all eases very soon I couldn't cope with another couple of days feeling like this, I get my children back tomorrow and hubby is back to work on Tuesday...dreading it

Someone please tell me this will get better SOON :cry:

hi kate what your experiencing is perfectly normal and yes it does get better, the 1st week is always the worst, take your pain relief regular, try and get up and walk as much as possible as the more you move the quicker you will get better as the shoulder pain is gas from where they blow us up with air during the op, try some gripe water to ease this, and try to get some help with the kids as it will be hard going on your own in the 1st week x

liz x

Hope you feel better soon Kate. I did'nt really suffer with the shoulder pain (wind) as I kept moving around. It does hurt to move but if you hold your port wound when you stand it does ease the pain.As Liz said its normal what you're feeling and you MUST keep on top of the pain with the pain killers. Good luck and hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Glad you're home safe and well, but take it easy now hun, for a swifter recovery:D

Hi babes,
Sorry you are feeling a bit crappy :-(

It does get better....promise! Try windeze or gripewater...other than that move about and that helped for me. (Chew the windeze loads though!)

I stayed in bed the 1st day, but found the wind pains stayed around for about 5 days or so....but after that they do ease.

Bet you will be pleased to see your children. Are they still little or big enough to help abit?

Just keep sipping water...you need it as we don't want you to dehydrate!
Loadsa love
x

Back