• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone used Belgium Surgery Services?

Lesley love

Hi everyone. I'm considering going abroad for my surgery and wondered if anyone has used 'Belgium Surgery Services' for a band?

My main concern is the pre-op checks (are they very thorough) and aftercare support.

I just need reassurance from others that have used their services that they are 100% legit and not some company that's going to steal a kidney whilst they're foraging around. I say this in jest but hope you appreciate where I'm coming from.

Please reassure me - Gulp! Xxxx

Hello and welcome.

Sorry I've never heard of the company, so can't really help you with that.

Having had a band myself, you're right to be concerned about the aftercare etc, in my humble opinion, good aftercare is key to being successful bander. You will need access to a dietitian and someone to fill your band, you might need quite a few adjustments to get the restriction right.

Have you ruled out the other surgical options or have you decided the band is right for you? Research, research and then research some more if not.

Have a read up on some of the threads in the band section of the forum for some insight on what life is like post op.

Hi Mazza - thanks for replying.

I've been researching it day and night 24/7.

First I decided upon a sleeve abroad in preference to a band but just felt too nervous having the majority of my stomach actually removed. Although the success rates are better with sleeping, I'd prefer to go down the Band route first.

I heard loads of positive comments about Dr Chris de Bruyne and when googling his name, found 3 clinics that mention him. Belgium Surgery Services and Europe Surgery. I've had a quote from Frederick at Belgium Surgery but just wanted to hear from any other 'banders' that had used the clinic.

Many thanks xxxx

I really don't think we have any recent banders who have gone abroad for surgery. It's usually sleeves, bypasses or, gaining popularity, the mini gastric bypass.

I didn't have band so can't comment on that, but I did have my bypass with Dr Chris and can't fault him or his team. Surgery takes place in a large general hospital and the hotel you stay in is a 5 minute walk away. If you have any concerns contact Frederik or Bart as they are really helpful. They do hold consultations in the UK so it might be worth you going to one of those if you are close enough. I went to one just to get a "feel" for the people I was entrusting with my life.

Lynn x

I didn't have band so can't comment on that, but I did have my bypass with Dr Chris and can't fault him or his team. Surgery takes place in a large general hospital and the hotel you stay in is a 5 minute walk away. If you have any concerns contact Frederik or Bart as they are really helpful. They do hold consultations in the UK so it might be worth you going to one of those if you are close enough. I went to one just to get a "feel" for the people I was entrusting with my life.

Lynn x

Hi Lynn,
How did you contact Dr De Bruyne? I have found a website, but want to make sure that it is actually his team I am speaking too before I start paying out any money?

Sandie

Hi Lynn,
How did you contact Dr De Bruyne? I have found a website, but want to make sure that it is actually his team I am speaking too before I start paying out any money?

Sandie
Hi Sandie, I used the contact form on the Belgium Surgery Services website to ask some questions and once Frederik had replied I booked my consultation (again through the website

Lynn x

Thanks Lynn,
I've had someone called Bart contact me. I think I've seen someone else refer to him so I think it's legit.

Sandie

Thanks Lynn,
I've had someone called Bart contact me. I think I've seen someone else refer to him so I think it's legit.

Sandie

Hi Sandie, yes that's them you will normally deal either with Bart or Frederik, they are both lovely

Lynn x

Hi Sandie

I haven't had my surgery yet but I met with Bart today for a consultation. He was really friendly and helpful and it really helped me with my concerns.

I have quite a few positive things from people who have had surgery from Dr Chris at Belgium surgery services so that's why I contacted them in the first place.

If I'm able to get the time off work I will be booking a mini bypass for 2 months time!

Let us know how you get on

Back